Links234

Chilling With Mg

I know that the day after the last Kool Haus show I saw his tour bus parked in downtown Toronto. I went up and asked where he was but the guy said they were out having breakfast.

It's quite the story indeed.

I had an acquaintance who said that she slept with Matthew Good when he was in Calgary. I very highly doubt it though as a) I don't even think she really knows who he is and thus would be unlikely to recognize and/or seduce him and B) Matthew Good doesn't really seem like the sleeping-with-groupies type... or perhaps I'm just being naive...

Edited by MadeleineSix

i met him almost 2 years ago in montreal during soundcheck, and it was so insane. he's by far my favourite artist and so when he was sitting in front of me and it was my turn to go up to him, i couldnt really get any words out. i was just too blown away by the whole situation. all i remember doing is going up to the table with my avalanche cd booklet, saying hello (he said hi back) and then all i could get out was that this was really crazy. he said that "crazy was a good word today". sigh.... ;) anyways, it was unbelievable. he was very nice and smiling and didnt rush anyone. he was great. next time, i hope to not be such an idiot and try to actually SAY something meaningful.

I'm still waiting to meet Matt... one of these times...

The problem is that he performs in the agriculture exhibition center, so they park to tour busses in the building, and pull a curtain. After the show he gets in the tour bus, and once it's loaded it just pulls out and leaves. You never get to intercept him on the way to his tour bus.

Next time he comes I'm parking my car in front of the exit door and refusing to move until I meet Matt

Peace

What if the bus just plows through it like in an action movie? Come to think of it, outside of the fact that your car would be totalled, that'd be pretty cool...

Anyways, I haven't met Matt either, but I definitely would if I could.

EDIT: 100th post!

Edited by SolidEric

i only "met" them once at a CD signing... which isn't much but i was so excited. you know when you watch footage of old beatles concerts with all the crying screaming girls? well, i wasn't screaming, but i was crying and i felt like i was gonna puke cuz i was so excited, haha. i couldn't actually say anything to him except "hello" cuz i was so overwhelmed but man he's pretty in person, hehehe *blushes*

matt: (something about) czechslovakia

tyson: there's no such thing as czechslovakia

matt: actually, there is, and the capital is Prague.

tyson: if that's so then why did Dominik Hasek and Marion Hossa play on different teams?

matt: i'll be right back (didnt return)

that was probably the most memorable of my many meetings with matt...

ian offered to sell me acid once, i saw dave on the bus everyday for about three weeks and i met rich and rodney once on granville and bought them beer at El Furntiure Warehouse.

and for the chick who questioned matt's groupie-sex drive... i know girls who've recieved calls from matt looking for a booty call while i was at their house, and all sorts of other incriminating ;) stuff.

Well I suppose that if I was a famous musician and had beautiful men throwing themselves at my feet, worshipping me and thinking I could do no wrong, I just might take a few of them up on the offer ... so it's entirely concievable that Matthew might have taken a few women up on it as well!

Edited by MadeleineSix

I had an acquaintance who said that she slept with Matthew Good when he was in Calgary. I very highly doubt it though as a) I don't even think she really knows who he is and thus would be unlikely to recognize and/or seduce him and B) Matthew Good doesn't really seem like the sleeping-with-groupies type... or perhaps I'm just being naive...

you're being naive.

ps. you're a cutie, so i'm willing to over look it.

I don't think I could ever meet Matthew Good. I have a lot of things I'd like to say and ask, but given the opportunity, I'd probably fluster and end up spewing a collection of verbal diarrhea.

I don't think Matt would engage in sexual congress (hehe The Whole Nine Yards quote...I love it) with groupies or anyone aside from his wife. His personality (granted the one we see...we cannot be certain if he reveals his true self to us) doesn't mesh with that type of behaviour.

I don't think Matt would engage in sexual congress (hehe The Whole Nine Yards quote...I love it) with groupies or anyone aside from his wife. His personality (granted the one we see...we cannot be certain if he reveals his true self to us) doesn't mesh with that type of behaviour.

obviously now that he's married it isnt going to happen. but i dont care how much you think you know the guy, or know his type of personality... he's a musician, girls find him attractive, he's getting laid after shows.

i cant believe we're talking about this... i figured it was so blatantly obvious.

to put it into comparison... do you think matt would light stuffed animals on fire or come out wearing monkey masks, or go to hawaii with two strippers for a music video? no. why? because he's grown up. people change, and the matt you think you know isnt the matt he used to be.

yeah about the whole matt as a manslut deal....i remember one of the first things i heard about him back in the day was that he was "one of those rockers" if you know what i mean....i remember this because i secretly hoped i'd be one of those lucky girls.....but only in secret....confronted with the situation i would've run with my tail between my legs....but thats beside the point

i met him once...i'm a dork and got him to sign a sketch i drew of him on the bus from ottawa to the montreal show

i wasn't supposed to meet him, in fact. He was doing a pre-concert soundcheck/meet and greet and i didn't win the contest to see him...but Alex (a girl called catastrophe) did....i got mad and jealous and didn't want to go anymore...but eventually we agreed i would just give her something for him to sign....

anyways i guess she made the security guy feel bad cuz he told me while i was waiting alone outside that i could come in!!! i cried a bit and lost feeling in my legs when i first realized what i was in for...when the time came though i was pretty composed...except for the fact that the first thing i said to him was "holy shit"....however, +it was all kind of forced and unnatural as far as I'm concerned....it sort of builds up as a big ordeal and you kind of become all stupid...i think i'd like to just find him randomly after a show and have an "actual" conversation....not just "hi. nice picture. enjoy the show"...but hey...i cant complain

I tend to meet musicians when I'm taking a pee. I met Frank Black of the Pixies while taking a pee, the lead singer of Semisonic while peeing, Rivers Cuomo of weezer while peeing, and matt good and rich priske while taking a leak.

It was at Whiskey Saigon in Toronto, where I was working when I lived in Toronto. It was us three( matt, rich, myself) and two really drunk kids. The one drunk kid peed on the floor and the other was laughing hysterically. I was finishing my leak before I threw them both out and matt looked at me and shook his head in disgust.

The Transcript:

Me: "I'm about to make this guy accidentally fall in his own pee"

Rich: "Don't get any on yourself."

Matt: "Ask him how it tastes."

Me: "You guys didn't see anything, right?"

Matt: "see what? A clumsy drunk kid? Ha ah ha ha"

Cool. Rivers, Frank, Matt and Rich. That is really cool.

My aunt was in a Halifax mall in halifax when he was in town a couple of years ago. That would be right weird. I wouldn't expect it and i'd feel awkward approaching him in a public place, but i'm still jealous of her.

Met him @ my first concert at the Kee to Bala back in September 2002. My friend Steve & I got there way early, so we just sat in his car and listened to Matt, and we could see the tour bus perfectly. Just before their soundcheck, we saw them standing out front, so Steve & I went over, shook his hand and talked to him for a few seconds (since he had to go for soundcheck). It was very cool. I didn't have anything to get signed, but I don't care.

I've never chilled with the man before. I think I'd just sit there with a big fat grin on my face, with one thought. "Wow this is pretty cool!”

Nothing else would flow from my brain at the time that I really needed to prove my intelligence.

I might as well sit there cross eyed with my finger in my nose. It’d be less stressful lol.

But yeah you know. People you think you’d be nervous around or make you feel the way you think they would, don’t do it when you actually talk to them in person.

I’ll talk to him in person someday; I’m not in a hurry to though. I’d like to be confident in myself and have knowledge to be able to have a good conversation.

I’d rather not look back at meeting a true role model and remembering that all I could do was stand their and feel really stupid for no reason.

Yup, I think that's a good answer. ;)