Links234

Chilling With Mg

i met him twice. the first was probably at least 4 years ago when MGB was playing the forks on canada day in winnipeg. i gave my friends younger brother a piece of my cigarette pack to sign and matt said something about him being to young to smoke. my other buddy got rich to sign his birth certificate. the second was at a sound check in winnipeg during the avalanche tour. he said something about my old ac/dc shirt being cool. i told him the story about how i got it from my boss and he was going to use it as a rag. this summer me and some friends went to see matt play at the red river ex. after the show we hung out with christian for probably at least an hour and a half. that was cool, just walking around talking about stuff and how hot the girls from the destineys child cover band was that played there

I randomly met him when he was here for a free show at York University. I didn't intend to meet him at all. I was near the common, where the stage was set up for the night's concert, and I wanted to know when Matt's set started, as I had a class that evening. So I figured I'd go ask one of the staffers. But as I was talking to a security guard who told me when he would come on stage, Matt ended up just walking by. I guess I did a double take, cause he looked at me and said hello. We talked for about a minute, basically about how his political views (both on the latest album and in the blog) mean that he has to put up with flak from narrow-minded people. He said that basically he'd just keep on doing what he's doing, and I told him I'd keep on listening. He was a pretty laid-back kind of guy, and nice to talk with. I didn't shake his hand or get him to sign anything, but just talking to someone whose work means so much to me, and whom I respect meant a lot to me.

Recently at a Stop on the Put Out Your Lights Tour, I had quite the experience. Before the Show, about 3 hours before the show, I wondered around the arena to see what I could see. While I was wondering around, Rich Priske happened to walk by me. Of course, I was stunned, because Rich Priske is fucking Huge. Now, I know he doesn't look it on stage, but when he is standing right beside you, ( and I'm six feet tall ) I was looking way up at him. He's gotta be at least 6'5". Anyways, I was like " Hey, You're Rich Priske!" So he turned around, and smiled, and said "yeah, how's it going?" "and I was Great!, thanks. You think I could get an autograph maybe?" "so he was like sure, and he said a Poster of the Tour for me." and then went to his soundcheck. Of Course, I was calm and cool while talking with him, but my head was about to explode, and I like freaking out in my head, but it was great. And I also shook Jenn Good's hand, and she is beautiful, and hung out with Limblifter for about two hours after the show. it was fantastic

I haven't ever met him, per se, but I have one of those felt things that goes on top of a drum set used at the last Western Fair show in London Ontario, 2002 I think. (That's right, I'm that cool).

My friend got it for me, apparently Matt and his then-drummer threw it at each other after the show and he scooped it.

But he's the one that that got to meet MG, he kicked a soccer ball around with him before the same London show, for which I am forever jealous.

But then Matt inadvertently stole his booklet for the Underdogs CD, which was left in his tour bus for him to sign, unfortunately for my friend he never went in there to sign anything and left straight-off.

So it's give and take.

That is all.

i met him in Kamloops this year, my wife and i ate dinner at the keg right beside him and his wife and some of the guys. after we were walking to the show and outside the bus there he was, so i asked him for an autograph, not having any paper, so he ran into the bus, got some paper and gave me an auto. we chatted, shook hands, i told him he was the reason i bought a guitar for my 34th b-day. he said he didn't start till he was 20, so ya never know. it was very memorable.