I just decided to start listening to their other stuff the other day. I downloaded Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine (great song, AND... has my name in it!!!) and Mr. Brightside. They're both really good... so I'm contemplating getting some more.

I like them.The album Hot Fuss was one of my favorite releases last year and for me the single "All these things that I have done" was the single of 2004 when it was released over here.

Its only a pity it didnt make much of an impact in the charts.

Heres hoping their second album doesnt bomb or their new found fame and coolness go to their heads.

-Aidan

I REALLY like this band.

OMG Brandon Flowers is like, so hot!

but enough of that, i'm no longer 16...

anyway, all i knew of them was Somebody Told Me, and I'd just started hearing Mr. Brightside.. Then I bought the CD for my niece for xmas and decided to burn myself a copy...hehe..

so I thought I'd give it a listen... 3 weeks later, it's STILL in my stereo.. I love it!

'Jenny Was A Friend of Mine' - best song on the CD, by FAR! The bass in that song is Amazing...

I REALLY like this band.

OMG Brandon Flowers is like, so hot!

but enough of that, i'm no longer 16...

anyway, all i knew of them was Somebody Told Me, and I'd just started hearing Mr. Brightside..  Then I bought the CD for my niece for xmas and decided to burn myself a copy...hehe..

so I thought I'd give it a listen... 3 weeks later, it's STILL in my stereo..  I love it!

'Jenny Was A Friend of Mine' - best song on the CD, by FAR!  The bass in that song is Amazing...

i too am no longer 16, but hello daddy:

01.jpg

anyway..

i've only heard four songs from the band, but judging by those, i'd buy the album if i had money.

the lead singer has a really different voice too. i forget which late night show they were on, but there were really good.

i bet their second album will be pure brilliance , but a commercial catastrophe, and the singer will enrol in Harvard, and return five years later, in 2011 to release a pretty solid album, only to follow it up with junk. Folling the LP#4, the singer will reenter harvard and prepare a heavy metal followup in 2016.

I heard them on The OC (of course) and downloaded their CD right away. I have since been trying to buy the CD but I could find it in the two stores I checked. I am gonna check Futureshop too tho... (somebody told me they got it there)

Anyways, very good band, I really enjoy listening to them.

Edited by itchy

the album started out really well but hit a wall around track 7

No offence, but big deal - most albums hit a wall at tracks 6 or 7. That's what separates them from being a great album.

This is completely untrue, but if you really believe this you definitely need to raise your standards.

OC has had the walkman, modest mouse, the killers all play, there was a bright eyes comment and last episode they played a rilo kiley song and an elliot smith song. I think its a strange kind of torture.

You have to endure the terrible acting to see which one of your favourite musicians are gunna sell out next.