Kayriss

Not Looking Good

Hmmm.

Seems Matt's given up on the blog. His site is now useful for music content only. Oh wait, no it isn't. Well at least there's still those cool pictures from his concerts. Uh oh. Downloadable multimedia content? Not Looking Good. So no blog, and no music, no pics, no downloadable stuff - what purpose will does it serve exactly? A few links, I guess, and a carefully worded apology.

Great.

In A Coma is his other blog. It was, I believe, to keep everyone informed about his (now delayed) trip. However, he and Jen got quite ill as of late, and he has been letting us know about it in the blog.

I feel bad. They are both very sick. ;)

Maybe they didn't get their flu shots  ;)

I got mine but I still got a flu mixed with a viral infection, they where battling each other, it was whore-rible.(its offical, im a dork)

:angry:

I got mine and I got a cold but nothing as bad as what my brother got, he didn't get his.

My mom got the same amount of illness I did.

I didn't believe in it but I do now.

Maybe they didn't get their flu shots  ;)

I got mine but I still got a flu mixed with a viral infection, they where battling each other, it was whore-rible.(its offical, im a dork)

:angry:

I got mine and I got a cold but nothing as bad as what my brother got, he didn't get his.

My mom got the same amount of illness I did.

I didn't believe in it but I do now.

Well at least they worked for you!

Yeah, his departure from his blog is very emo. Here's what I would comment to Matt Good if I saw him in person...

Why do you even acknowledge what ignorant comments are sent to you? Unfortunately, you're bound to have people that do such things and you should expect that. If it bothers you that much, why even post your email address or a comments link? I mean, jesus christ, you act like these random ignorant comments are the hypothetical dagger through the heart. remember Matt, nobody is holding a gun to your head to create your psots, so just appease your fans and to hell with those who don't like what you write.

I'm a big Matt Good fan, but actions such as this one make me respect him less. When your in the spotlight and dole political debate, criticism will be dealt. It's your job to look past the morons and their comments. If somebody insults your views, just give them the finger.

It actually has more to do with the fact that I’m burnt out. I don’t need to be lectured about how to handle negativity on a large scale by someone who has absolutely no idea what it’s like. How many death threats, even if pranks, do you get a week? How many times have you had to move to a new place because of some creepy freak stalking you? I get somewhere in the neighborhood of between 1000 and 1500 emails a week, including comment pings. I'd say, for someone so active on the net, I handle it pretty well.

Taking a short break doesn’t mean that I’ve let anyone “win”. It means I’m taking a break. That site is updated sometimes twice a day, it takes a commitment to keep doing it. For almost a year that’s been the case on a daily basis.

Personally I wasn't lecturing you...the whole point of the intro on mg.org was probably to get the message accross that we don't know you. So I would be in no place to lecture you on whatever...I just can't believe how sad it is that this stuff happens...That people, well, complete and utter pricks, would actually threaten you and your wife for something as unimportant as a disagreement in opinions

Humans are monkeys with car keys...

Seriously though I would have given it all up a long time ago personally

Edited by Prosis

I've noticed that Matt's voice was lacking in the MBlog of late. I think by stopping it and starting In a Coma he's provided the voice that was starting to lack in Mblog and forced those who are interested enough to go and find the information usually found in Mblog, because it's not like Matt's got access to some vast library of secret information that we dont. By keeping up links and occasionally tossing in his opinion on certain things he can have the same if not a more powerful effect as his blog once did in the political sense.

I find it disappointing that people feel they have to argue with you, or threaten you. You are entitled to your opinion. Your opinions are almost always backed with a source.

I wish that it was possible for you to not only be a public figure, but also to be able to live a somewhat normal life. I don't think anybody on this bored could possibly relate to the kind of public pressure you get.

Peace

If it bothers you that much, why even post your email address or a comments link? I mean, jesus christ, you act like these random ignorant comments are the hypothetical dagger through the heart. remember Matt, nobody is holding a gun to your head to create your psots, so just appease your fans and to hell with those who don't like what you write.

Good lord why are we hanging the man simply because he likes to keep a direct channel open to those who appreciate what he does? I don't presume to know his mind, but he probably keeps an email address and comment section so that he can get feedback from those who read what he writes. It's the death threats and over the top crazies that would get annoying and inspire someone to take a break. One that he is much entitled to...

He doesn't owe us anything, why should he "appease his fans"?

He could just be like every band out there with a site that exists simply to sell.

He has chosen to do otherwise and should be commended for it. Going beyond the music leaves him open to a lot of criticism and if he decides that he doesn't want to take it anymore then that is his decision.