WinstonSmith357

Acoustic Tour

I think this is a fantastic idea...

I'd pay ridiculous amounts of money for a ticket.

It seems that his concerts have been filled with beer soaked assholes lately rather then lovers of his music...

How do you think it will shape up...will the beer-holes show up to mosh to an acoustic hello time bomb?

Personally, I think that hearing "the fine art of falling apart" live would restore my faith in humanity.

Or "Failing the Rorschach test" maybe even "While we were hunting rabbits."

The mind reels...

I would love to go to an acoustic tour. Last time I saw Matt Good at the Commodore, the show was excellent, but the crowd was awful. I like to go see a good band play and I really hate it when a bunch of drunken assholes just jump around and yell stupid stuff.

I realize it's almost inevitable at shows, and to a point it's fine, but there's always someone who takes it too far. Hopefully an acoustic show would just draw the real fans that want to see him play and not just get drunk for a rock show, any rock show.

I think it would be awesome. The setlist would have to be rather different from those in the past. Just imagine "Suburbia" for a couple of acoustic guitars. And there's always a chance that he'd play "The Inescapable Us," which I love to death but have never heard live.

If Matt actually did an acoustic tour, I would definitely want to go to a show.

I'm the kind of person that loves any song stripped down to just an acoustic and/or with a harmonica. As I've said many times (like many other people), an acoustic tour would be a wonderful idea. I've seen the Neil Young acoustic tour and it was great. Also, my favorite song from the Montreal show was easily 'Can't get shot...', like many other people as well.

Stripping songs to acoustic make them sound more real. More haunting...simpler....no necessary Slash guitar solo either...

I gotta say at the 3 Matt shows I've been to I've never really noticed anyone being very drunk or all too asshole-ish either.

Regardless, I will shit twice and die if he does an acoustic tour! Imagine hearing Avalanche, Apparitions, Suburbia, Fine Art of Falling Apart, Empty Road, etc, all stripped down! Last show he played in Vancouver at the Vogue he did an acoustic Apparitions and I have no shame in admitting it moved me to tears... so the only drawback to an acoustic tour would be my need to bring a box of tissues, haha.

he opened with Apparitions, solo and acoustic in fredericton. I find every show i go to with a major artist has those assholes. there were two at MG's and a whole bunch last time i saw ALEXISONFIRE, though i never see them at indie shows.

An acoustic tour would be the pants.

I'd like to go to an MG show where I don't have to watch out for crowd surfers, or get harassed by drunk morons.

It would be nice to go to a show where Matt actually enjoys himself as well.

Woo. Acoustic tour.

Edited by rosie

Damn. I realize we've all been doing this, myself included, but we're all going on about what old songs we'd like to hear (either in a new arrangement or not). Which is fine, but that shouldn't be all we care about.

I mean, what about the new stuff? Of the three that have been made available to download, I've only heard Agoraphobe, but if that is any indication of what kind of new material would be featured on any possible acoustic show (and there would have to be new material to justify a tour), I would love to go to a show like that.

Another brain cell in my head just kicked into action and I have another thought: Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps (tour and album) was half-acoustic, half-electric (with band). It even featured a set piece that had separate acoustic and full-band electric renditions. Now that would be a cool kind of concert or album.

I think it would be a great idea but I hadnt even heard about it ?!?!?! Please fill me in

It's a bit of idle speculation on our part, I'm afraid. It's in reference to something in the In A Coma blog:

"I should do an acoustic tour. That would be fun I think. Maybe some time later in the year. It would be fun to play without amplification so that people had to be quiet to hear. That would be worth the price of admission alone."

In A Coma: Hair & 'Stash

I hope this turns out. While the asshole ratio at his concerts isn't as high as some, there's always a few...and they're ALWAYS right in front of me, jumping around, hollering, bumping into me. Grrr! It's times like those I become likely to commit murder...

I think i'd be a little scared to go to an acoustic show, for fear of the wrath of the beer swilling college guys, dissappointed by the lack of headbang-ed-ness at such a show.

On the other hand, maybe they'd just leave, and we'd get a much less noisy audience, and absolutely nobody yelling "Rico"

I think it's a great idea, if advertising is only done through the site, or fansites or something. And in response to something someone said about playing While we Were Hunting Rabits, I don't thinkt hat would work because has anyone else noticed the similarites between the dominant bass in that song and the guitar in Empty Road? Eh?