WinstonSmith357

Acoustic Tour

Why is alcohol needed to have a good time? Shouldn't the music be enough to tide you over for the hour and a half that you would be at a show? Whether you can drink resposibly or not is besides the point. It only takes one drunken idiot to throw a punch or kick someone in the teeth while they are having a grand old time crowd surfing. And why should concerts be limited or restricted to those only in the 18 or 19+ age range? I would much rather prefer to be around a group of people who are there because they are fans and really want to see that band or artist. Sorry for the rant. I'm not anti alcohol what so ever, but when you mix large groups of people with booze, it just leads to idiocy and stupidity. Leave the bottles at home and enjoy the show...sober. You and everyone around will have a much better time, and you might get to leave with all of your teeth. Cheers.

-Troy-

I have that sick/scared feeling in my stomach when I think about it, 'cuz just like with the whole blog business, there will always be at least one fuckface who thinks disrespectful behavior demonstrates coolness and is fun.

Unfortunately an acoustic show (if I could attend a show with just Matt + guitar I would die happy) would attract obscene amounts of these individuals, who would ruin it for all. Matt would march off stage after telling off everyone after only like 1/4 of a song.

Sorry for being pessimistic.

I would have to agree about there being no all ages shows.  The WLRRR tour was all ages and the best shows of Matt's I've seen.  I hate to say it, but it's better when the kids stay home.

you totally contradicted yourself there...

Whoops! I meant 'wasn't all ages'. Sorry about that!

Why is alcohol needed to have a good time? Shouldn't the music be enough to tide you over for the hour and a half that you would be at a show? Whether you can drink resposibly or not is besides the point. It only takes one drunken idiot to throw a punch or kick someone in the teeth while they are having a grand old time crowd surfing. And why should concerts be limited or restricted to those only in the 18 or 19+ age range? I would much rather prefer to be around a group of people who are there because they are fans and really want to see that band or artist. Sorry for the rant. I'm not anti alcohol what so ever, but when you mix large groups of people with booze, it just leads to idiocy and stupidity. Leave the bottles at home and enjoy the show...sober. You and everyone around will have a much better time, and you might get to leave with all of your teeth. Cheers.

-Troy-

i agree with you completey--- is it really necessary to drink at a concert?? The reason you should be there is to see the band and watch every moment. Why would you go through all that trouble to order a couple beers. If you and your friends want to party:

a ) don't go to a small club show, go to a festival where drunken idiots are a plenty

b ) wait till after the show to booze it up or

c ) don't go to the concert at all

You don't have to pay 35$ for a ticket to party--

Most people are there to listen to the music and do not want to have some guy scream out Rico every 2 seconds in their ear. Being to lots of Matt's shows in 2004, it amazes how some people end up at the shows. i ask myself, "why did they get tickets?", "how did they get tickets?", and "do they realize they are ruining it for everybody else"

Edited by pintosack

Thanks Pinto. It's always nice to see that there are more people concerned with enjoying the music instead of a couple of beers. I think when you look at the majority of Matt's fans, this sentiment is of general consensus. If people want to drink and act out, then that's fine. They should just be confined to one area in the venue. Here's your space if you want to get loaded. Drink up butter cup. LOL.

-Troy-