I went to the concert with my ex back in feb when they came to the pacific colliseum...what a show. They had hoobastank, pod, and ah jeez i cant remember the opener band...itl come to me soon enough...but pod wouldnt get off the stage lol...youd think it was there concert, the whole time they were on i was like ok gtfo now...i want lp...but what a concert! ive got all 3 albums and im a total lp nut ;) anyone?

They're good.. good enough i own Hybrid Theory, Meteora and ReAnimation. You know what pisses me off though.

Through their careers, they've released 85 minutes of music!! That's such a piss-off to buy an album that is only 40 minutes long, and then has an intro and an interlude tacked in. Otherwise, they're fairly solid.

well i didnt create this thread to hear people bash a band i like. Everyone has their own opinion...they did just do an album with jayz where they mushed music tracks together, only 6 songs long but i like it...all exept for izzo...still better than nothing. Reanimation was really good, meteora was good too. id have to say i like hybrid theory last of the three but was still good...ive liked all their videos so far aswell...

Y'know? I might actually have bought Mashup or whatever if it weren't 19.99$ for 6 songs.

I didn't want to bash them, i like the music, but cmon, 40 minute releases are EP's and should cost no more than $11.

I wasn't actually bashing them in this case, just that when compared with other rock performances, their shows aren't as entertaining or exciting. A concert should be more than just the band getting out in front of everyone and playing the music. If they just play the music, then you may as well just listen to it on your CD player at home. This is something Linkin Park fails to grasp for the most part.

i used to think they were ok, but after they released more songs i changed my mind. with the exception to that "breaking the habit" song, they seem to follow a template for their songs. some sort of loop, singing, cue the rapper, chorus= heavily distorted single downstokes and chester screaming his throat to shreads, repeat.

i found the concernt here to be one of the best ive been to. it was really damn good. the crowd was into it and everything and the band was really energetic and got into it. I thought it was great!

What does angst mean? What is this word? I have never heard this strange word before, and thus would never use it to describe Linkin Park's music. Never would dream of it. Never ever. I will say that Linkin Park is a roller coaster. but they are not angsty. If that is a word. I don't know because I've never heard that word angst before.

Please don't kill me.

They're alright. I liked "Collision Course" even though I don't like "Jay-Z". It's my understanding though, "Collision Course" is the result of Mike Shinoda trying hard to put the songs together well. Apparently it was only supposed to be a 2 song originally, and the results would be preformed live.

They're alright. I liked "Collision Course" even though I don't like "Jay-Z". It's my understanding though, "Collision Course" is the result of Mike Shinoda trying hard to put the songs together well. Apparently it was only supposed to be a 2 song originally, and the results would be preformed live.

yeah you pretty much said it. I liked it much more than i thought i would and really im not a jayz fan...but it is a good album. Mike shinoda has been doing a lot of cool things, i ended up getting the DCshoes he put up on the bandmerch site to support his college fund for students ;) great shoes, so comfy...crazy designs. angst for teenagers is like people saying "oh nobody understands me! i hate this i hate that..etc.."

I love Linkin Park, and am proud to say so. I've been a fan since I heard "One Step Closer" eons ago. I own all their cds and dvds, and they are seriously genuine, hardworking cool guys. Mike Shinoda is brilliant, and a perfectionist. The making of "Meteora" shows what a perfectionist he really is. I think they're original, despite what anyone says. Probably my fourth favourite band...

Oh yeah, and I LOVE the Collision Course cd... It's just really interesting to hear the combination. Apparently there are rumours that they are going to do another LP/Jay-Z record since this one has done so well.

I guess I should have put the word (sarcasm) after my post. I know what angst is.

angst for teenagers is like people saying "oh nobody understands me! i hate this i hate that..etc.."

That's Linkin Park alright.

Oh I should add that I don't mind them, they just seem to not have much variety in their music. I like them for what they are.

cool id rather them just hurry the hell up and go on tour again damnit...or come out with new new stuff...

One of the guys said in an article that came out during the release of "Collision Course" that they're slow writers, so the new album might take awhile.

I like them a little bit, although not as much as I used to. Hybrid Theory, I thought, was an excellent album, Reanimation was crap, and Meteora was okay. They do have excellent videos, for the most part. I've heard that their next album would sound more like 'Breaking the Habit' than the rest of their work, so maybe they're starting to diversify a little; the live strings on Meteora worked really well, I think.

I also think that Chester is probably one of the better singers out there today. I've heard his pre-LP stuff, with his old band Grey Daze. They sound like a punked-up STP, it's pretty good, actually. Mike Shinoda is really good at what he does, and his voice isn't like the emotionless drone that pervades most hip-hop.