Four songs? I don't think that's enough to really clasify a band. Especially if they're just the singles, which I'm guessing is the case. But if you personally don't like them based on that, that's you right.

And Linkin Park were not a pre-packaged deal. That's a load of crap. Show me the link or the story and then we'll talk.

And don't say "if you like Linkin Park you have bad taste in music." You sound like an idiot.

I have great taste in music, but I like a lot of music. Some of it may not be "cool" (like Linkin Park) but I don't give a shit.

Rant over.

I love you.

Thanks for saving me the time to type the exact same thing.

ANGST.

Just kidding.

No really, angst. I used to own Hybrid Theory because my friend told me to check them out, it was horrifying. It sucked. As someone else said the songs are all the same, and yes they are only 2 dimensional, but since this is coming from someone who's heard more than one album apparently it makes my opinion more credible. To me they sound just like another Nickleback.

But yeah music taste is subjective. I just have no idea how someone can listen to that crap. They're such whiners.

Yes, hearing a whole ablum makes your opinion more credible than someone who's heard a couple songs on the radio.

And yes, I will agree that the songs on the first album aren't very different, but their sound progresses on the second. And it's good for what it is.

And Linkin Park does not sound like Nickleback, come on! I know Likin Park may not be the most unique band, but Nickleback? I can't see a musical resemblance. Besides the use of a guitar, maybe.

Anyway, I like Linkin Park. Whether it's "cool" or not.

lp are a singles band in that when you listen to an album, you know exactly what the singles are going to be and the non-singles are pretty weak and formulaic. i liked 95% of the singles they released.. then i listened to the rest of the album(s) and wasn't the slightest bit impressed

/broken record

ANGST.

Just kidding.

No really, angst. I used to own Hybrid Theory because my friend told me to check them out, it was horrifying. It sucked. As someone else said the songs are all the same, and yes they are only 2 dimensional, but since this is coming from someone who's heard more than one album apparently it makes my opinion more credible. To me they sound just like another Nickleback.

But yeah music taste is subjective. I just have no idea how someone can listen to that crap. They're such whiners.

Yes, hearing a whole ablum makes your opinion more credible than someone who's heard a couple songs on the radio.

And yes, I will agree that the songs on the first album aren't very different, but their sound progresses on the second. And it's good for what it is.

And Linkin Park does not sound like Nickleback, come on! I know Likin Park may not be the most unique band, but Nickleback? I can't see a musical resemblance. Besides the use of a guitar, maybe.

Anyway, I like Linkin Park. Whether it's "cool" or not.

Well it does really.. it means I didn't listen to 2 songs but albums meaning I've heard most of their songs so I can shit on them safely without people getting on my ass about not really listning to them. I said that only because somewhere in this thread someone said something about not hearing enough songs so the person couldn't say anything bad about them.

Hahahaha okay yes they sound absolutely nothing like Nickleback but I meant to imply that all their songs sound the same, just like Nickleback's.

It's a matter of personal preferance of course, I like a lot of the melodies they come up with but something about the band totally butchers it for me so that I don't appreciate them as much as I could, I can't put my finger on what it is.

Apart from musical style Linkin Park is Simple Plan. They both have the same song over and over that's just a simple expression of what may or may not be genuine teen angst. And being a teenager i can safely say teen angst is bullshit. It is jsut occured to me that they are a paradox. They sing/bitch about things like how, no one understands them. But then, it would seem their legions of fans understand them. But then, how could anyone understand them and listen to the music, if they are then proving the music wrong? Im bored. Listen to Nine Inch Nails.

I like Nine Inch Nails... but a friend pointed out that a lot of songs are about his ex-girlfriend, and pain and distress caused from that.

So isn't that a repetitive thing too?

Why are artists expected to have a completely different idea for every song. If one feeling is prevailing, and you have lots of different ways to express it, why not make more than one song?

Anyway no need for war here, I'm just trying to defend myself and a band I enjoy. I don't like to be ridiculed for liking one band that people think is crap. It's kind of immature.

I'll never understand people who waste their time ranting against and for bands they do or don't like. Seriously... if you like them, you like them, if you don't then you don't. End of story. What's really the point in spending all of your time making fun of them and defending them? So what if they are one of my favourite bands, i can understand that some people don't like them, so i move on. The only person i ever rant about is Avril Lavigne. In her category, i make myself a hypocrite. But come on.. it's Avril Lavigne... ew.

:\

Well I can't stand people who waste their time ranting about people who waste their time ranting against of for bands they do or don't like. Some people like to rant, some don't. But it's our own time so do with it what we wish and let others do with it what they wish.