Crusader

Jimmy Eat World

Yeah, I noticed that too. Same key signature, same opening riff, but 23 is in a slower tempo and goes off on a totally different chord progression.

Here's an mp3 sample with the two riffs. Neither clip has been modified in any way. (It's only 19 seconds long, so no copyright infringement intended.)

Everything_Is_23.mp3

i don't play guitar, but is that possible? Making up the same thing? i know MG + JEW guitar are rather simple, so i'll give those whiny bastards the benefit of the doubt.

Was Futures good? I loved Bleed American...

I liked Futures. I found it darker than a lot of their earlier stuff, which scores points with me, plus it seems to have some distinct drug undertones. B)

I just made that on Goldwave too lol.

Goldwave? Neva! Adobe Audition is teh roxor!!!111one~

;)

Don't worry. I'm sure we can find a Jimmy Eat World fan who has heard of Matt Good (sorry, couldn't resist) and who hates him. Then you two could fight to the death.

Hell... Fuck the idea of an acoustic tour, I'd pay to see that. ;)

Edited by pvnc

Yah, but the JEW fan who hates MG is clearly a slave to music that is affiliated with zero talent, two year old lyrics, and quite possibly the most annoying instrumentation possible.

So it's no wonder he'd hate MG... since clearly he loves the JEW style.

I love how you're making an issue out of something that is really subjective. If everyone loved Matthew Good, it would be a boring world. Same if everyone loved Jimmy Eat World. What's the big deal?

The big deal is... that morons can log on here and make it look like JEW is actually good, in which they are not... (oh wait, it was crusader who started this thread... oh well)

Furthermore, those who do enjoy them are an embarassment to music and in every way offend fans of matt good and fans of real music.

and it wouldn't be boring if everyone liked MG because therefore everyone would be a better person and music in its entirety would be credible insofar as musicians would actually have to be talented to sell records and compete with him....

but thanks for your inept comments anyways.

lol... just wanted you to know.

naw man.. just because other ppl liked him wouldn't mean you wouldn't listen to him.... you;d still appreciate his music definitly... there would be no way around it.

EDIT: I'm not saying I'm right... I'm just saying you're all blinded by your lack of musical taste... that's all.

Edited by Maverick

Maverick, people like what they like, some people call Matthew Good to simple while they listen to "Led Zeppelin", and would say the same things you're saying, except about Matthew Good, so relax man, there's more to life than complaining.

Edited by Matt

Maverick, you're inferior to everyone else that has posted so far because you're not open minded. You've done this before with "Star Wars" as well. Maybe you're too young for message boards, I don't know, because you need to mature somewhat. People have the right to like what they like, it's a free country last I checked. Don't be a know it all, most know it alls don't know very much. Right now you're appearing to be one.

Matt... I don't appreciate your very offensive comments about my maturity.... that is unappreciated and I hope you can find it to apologize to me. I'm very hurt... and I don't like ppl making fun of me... so stop it alright?

and stop calling me a know it all.... it's not fair!