Crusader

Jimmy Eat World

lol, alright...

but I was enjoying this... it was getting all soap opera-ish...

I love the whole Matt thing where he was taking me all serious and trying to rip me apart.... that was classic....

man.. having to stop sucks.

c'mon, you got to admit the whole thing was funny...

it was so melodramatic and rediculous...

I mean, that's classic right there.

It was so obvious that I was out of line... but you guys still thought I was being serious...

good stuff.

EDIT: If I have a sick sense of humour... feel free to tell me, lol.

Edited by Maverick

Maverick, it doesn't matter if you're serious or not. The fact is, this forum isn't your own personal playground to be used however you wish to satiate your "sick sense of humour." This is a community made up of people who deserve a little more respect. Why should you have a joke at everyone else's expense?

EDIT: Now can we please get back on topic for good? I know I happened to like this thread before all this crap started.

Edited by pvnc

holy shit:

*sheds a tear*

I apologize on behalf of my family... it was Anton... his presence is so mighty that he inevitably influenced and intimidated my actions.... I was just trying to be productive....

please forgive me.

I knew Anton would come to my defense... he's the only onw who sticks up for me.... that's why is so intimidating and almighty.... all praise lord Anton.

EDIT: btw, don't you guys think a lot of JEW's riffs and instrumentation sound the same.... for some reason I can just tell when it's them from the first 2 minutes without having heard the song before....

or is that just me?

Edited by Maverick

Static Prevails and Clarity are awesome. So is the self-titled EP. Anyone who says otherwise... hasn't heard them.

I vote coincidence. Anyway, my first reaction on hearing "23" was that the opening riff sounded like something from Seven Storey Mountain. (I think it reminded me of a song of theirs called "Your Lips" from 1995, but they've got a few with riffs like that.) And, strangely enough, SSM is from the same area as Jimmy Eat World (Mesa, AZ). (SSM's Leper Ethics is brilliant, and a classic example of how good emo was before it got neutered by assholes like Dashboard Confessional.)

And, speaking as an American, if you threw a rock in Times Square, you'd hurt somebody and still not find someone who'd heard of Matt Good and/or EIA.

Oh, and Ex-Pats sounds like the Who.

Edited by uglyredhonda

This is sort of related: it sounds to me as if Matthew Good ripped himself off. Listen to the opening riffs of 'Omissions of the Omen' and 'North American for Life.' Same riff, but transposed into a different key and sped up, it sounds like.

Discussing which band is good and which is not is totally arbitrary, so that discussion should be stopped. We can say though that Nickelback really does suck Matt's twisted, deformed testicle. The two guitar riffs do sound much alike, but that can be pretty common in music these days. Hey, Underdogs preceeds Futures by a strong seven years, so there's no questioning who the more talented band is.

I always thought it was strange whenever I was playing Everything Is Automatic, how my friend would ask if I was learning Jimmy Eat World songs. This really cleared things up for me. I haven't even gotten a chance to listen to all of Futures yet.