Ok, to anyone who hasn't heard of them, and are interested in hearing some of their better stuff (they were nominated for a Juno after all), you should check out any or all of these tracks:

"Nighttime/Anytime (It's Alright)"

"Shine a Light"

"Young Lions"

"On to You"

"Tank Commander (Hung Up in a Warehouse Town)"

"Little Instruments"

"the Long Distance Four"

or "Thank You for Sending me an Angel" (which is a Talking Heads cover)

Hell, even Matt Good endorsed this band. I once recall reading a list of the bands/musicians he thought were good and after naming his true favorites, he said as an extra that The Constantines and The Weakerthans (who just happen to be one of my favorite bands outside of Matt) were "cool". That approval alone should encourage all the eager Matt Good fans to give em a listen or two.

Anyone interested in checking early stuff by the Lead singer and drummer of the constantines (Bryan Webb and Doug MacGregor) should go here and check out their band when they were "Shoulder", it's an awesome CD and some of the tracks are really good.

All the fans should check it out.

Links:

http://chrw.usc.uwo.ca/mp3/1995/Shoulder%2...ch/shoulder.htm

http://chrw.usc.uwo.ca/mp3/1995/Shoulder%2...g/shoulder2.htm

http://chrw.usc.uwo.ca/mp3/1995/Shoulder%2...g/shoulder3.htm

A lot of the tracks on the first link are mis-named, but whatever, you know?

That is all.

Edited by Radiohead

for some strange reason the local commmunity radio station (chrw <3) game me a free promo copy of shine a light when i called in to request mogwai.

i'm going to see them in ottawa in april. they're playing with the weakerthans. ;)

shine a light is pretty good.

edit: london has great community radio, as you can see by radiohead's post.

i only hope ottawa's is half as good.

Edited by Scot

Hell, even Matt Good endorsed this band. I once recall reading a list of the bands/musicians he thought were good and after naming his true favorites, he said as an extra that The Constantines and The Weakerthans (who just happen to be one of my favorite bands outside of Matt) were "cool". That approval alone should encourage all the eager Matt Good fans to give em a listen or two.

Yeah he's done that several times. I remember seeing an interview on the local TV station here with Matt and Melissa Auf Der Maur and the whole thing about the Junos was brought up. Part of his reply was "the day the Junos open with the Weakerthans and close with The Constantines, then I'll go." I've heard of the Constantines before but never really made an effort to try to hear some of their tunes. Perhaps I should.

Can you do anything but make critical uninformed generalizations?

How exactly is listening to them and thinking they suck because the lead singer mumbles an uninformed generalization?

A critical uninformed generalization would be that you like them only because Matt Good likes them...

Can you do anything but make critical uninformed generalizations?

How exactly is listening to them and thinking they suck because the lead singer mumbles an uninformed generalization?

A critical uninformed generalization would be that you like them only because Matt Good likes them...

Try not to listen to them anymore then.

If you're not careful they'll grow on you.