According to the band they're working on a new album at the moment. Recorded over the Christmas holidays and whatnot.

And the new songs they premiered at their London show in November sounded really good, so I expect it'll be another fine album.

That is all.

It's pretty stupid to say that mumbling = not good. Not a fan of Early (meaning, best) REM? Springsteen? Dylan? Talk Talk?

Once again, all arbitrary. I can argue that:

1. The four artist you mention above are much more clear and concise than Constantine.

-And-

2. Mumbling, in my opinion, is shit. I like to understand what my musicians are saying. So sorry.

It's pretty stupid to say that mumbling = good. See my point?

It's pretty stupid to say that mumbling = not good. Not a fan of Early (meaning, best) REM? Springsteen? Dylan? Talk Talk?

Once again, all arbitrary. I can argue that:

1. The four artist you mention above are much more clear and concise than Constantine.

-And-

2. Mumbling, in my opinion, is shit. I like to understand what my musicians are saying. So sorry.

It's pretty stupid to say that mumbling = good. See my point?

Bryan Webb, the lead singer you're referring to, is quite understandable I find. Plus, he's not the ONLY lead singer. Steve Lembke also sings a few songs, and he sounds much different than Webb.

Anyway, it's not mumbling at all. Just raspy.

Lots of good singers, like the aforementioned Bob Dylan, among others, sound raspy when they sing. It's not a bad thing.

But if you don't like them, don't listen, simple as that.

Fucking.Love the Cons. I recall the first show I bore witness to... It began in the small basement of a community hall, and ended with the bassist worming his way through the crowd on his back, the ceiling panels visibly shaken.

I also recall taking my pops with me to a show, and afterwards, beings somewhat embarrassed as he attempted to convinvce the drummer that 90% of unexplained deaths in the Washington, DC area can be attributed to the government. He was watching too much CNN at the time, I think. God love those moments.

August 20th @ Lee's Palace, TO

$15 people! and that includes the talented Oneida and Oakley Hall.

I've heard of them, but I haven't heard any of their stuff. But, I believe that they are opening up for Foo Fighters along with Sloan, which I'm going to on Wednesday, so I'll tell ya what I think after the concert.

yeah, i need an opinion on the new stuff... i heard somewhere its kinda mellower with more keyboards, which is good, real good.

Anyone here ever heard of Shoulder?

It's the band that Bryan Webb (lead singer) and Doug MacGregor (drummer) of the Constantines were in way before they were the Constantines.

The Shoulder CD - "Touch" is really hard to come by, and is more of a compilation of everything Shoulder recorded with lots of instrumental tracks interspersed with the ones with singing.

There are some good constantinesish sounds on there, though a lot more raw, and closer to their punk roots, since I'd call the Constantines melodic post punk.

Touch is really hard to find, I have 2 copies only because one was scratched to hell, I got my 2nd off of Ebay for $5 including shipping because no one else bid. But I havn't seen another copy since. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this CD or has a copy?

I'm a huge Cons fan I have #273/1000 of the original release of their self title (with the original match stick, if you know what I'm talking about, and in excellent condition, and signed by all the band members), as well as all their EPs, Modern Sinner Nervous Man, Nighttime Anytime, and the extremely hard to find Young Lions single (which you could only get through radio stations or on their tour)

Easily my third favourite band after Matthew Good and Radiohead.

Edited by Radiohead

Anyone here ever heard of Shoulder?

It's the band that Bryan Webb (lead singer) and Doug MacGregor (drummer) of the Constantines were in way before they were the Constantines.

The Shoulder CD - "Touch" is really hard to come by, and is more of a compilation of everything Shoulder recorded with lots of instrumental tracks interspersed with the ones with singing.

There are some good constantinesish sounds on there, though a lot more raw, and closer to their punk roots, since I'd call the Constantines melodic post punk.

Touch is really hard to find, I have 2 copies only because one was scratched to hell, I got my 2nd off of Ebay for $5 including shipping because no one else bid.  But I havn't seen another copy since.  Just wondering if anyone else has heard this CD or has a copy?

I'm a huge Cons fan I have #273/1000 of the original release of their self title (with the original match stick, if you know what I'm talking about, and in excellent condition, and signed by all the band members), as well as all their EPs, Modern Sinner Nervous Man, Nighttime Anytime, and the extremely hard to find Young Lions single (which you could only get through radio stations or on their tour)

Easily my third favourite band after Matthew Good and Radiohead.

shit, thats really impressive, the original self titled release is something i would really want. its like matt good's lo-fi b-sides...

and i'll have to look into the Shoulder stuff... as these guys are probably my second favorite band, next to MG and up there with At the drive-in...

also, an update on their website shows the Tournament of Hearts release to be Sept 27th in canada... which seriously kicks ass... as well as a possible live album.

Edited by mrjones

just found some material from shoulder...

http://chrwradio.com/mp3/1995/Shoulder%20-...g/shoulder3.htm

its got 2 songs... "body" being a really good one.

You're gonna hate me when I tell you this:

I found my copy of the original Constantines release used for $12 ;)

Shoulder's Flower Drum Song EP (which was available only on 7")

http://chrwradio.com/mp3/1995/Shoulder%20-...g/shoulder2.htm

and

the Touch CD

http://chrwradio.com/mp3/1995/Shoulder%20-...ch/shoulder.htm

However the real Touch CD has 21 tracks total, instead of the 18 listed here, and some of these tracks are misnamed/out of order, but you can still hear them all nonetheless.

Those should keep you satisfied until you can get the new Cons release :angry:

Edited by Radiohead

i recently gave in and downloaded "soon enough" and a live version of "love in fear" of their new stuff, which are damn amazing by the way.

i think that these guys are something truly great and as matt good's lyrics get progressively worse, these guys come in and give me my much needed dose of good, meaningful music.

Album of the Year. Everyone buy this now.

"And asking as the anchor slips: Would mercy, in her wisdom, throw pointless arrows from a silver bow against a hollow ship? Let them in." -Good Nurse

"I said, "these waves come from California." You said, "these waves are all brand new." "-Thieves

I agree.

Tournament of Hearts = Awesome

But it doesn't really have a single, which do you think they'd release if they decided to?

I'm thinking either Draw Us Lines, Love In Fear, or Soon Enough.

Edited by Radiohead

I agree.

Tournament of Hearts = Awesome

But it doesn't really have a single, which do you think they'd release if they decided to?

I'm thinking either Draw Us Lines, Love In Fear, or Soon Enough.

I think they may be making (or made) a video for "Love In Fear" and it should be out soon. Other than that "Soon Enough" which could easily be a second single, maybe "Lizaveta" could pull it off or "Draw Us Lines".