i saw them play in ottawa on saturday, and it was one of the best concerts i'd ever been to.

as for the album; shine a light i'd give a nine, while tournament of hearts i'd give a seven point five.

i prefer the first five songs off tournament of hearts, but like all the songs off shine a light.

Edited by Scot

i saw them play in ottawa on saturday, and it was one of the best concerts i'd ever been to.

as for the album; shine a light i'd give a nine, while tournament of hearts i'd give a seven point five.

i prefer the first five songs off tournament of hearts, but like all the songs off shine a light.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure what it is but for some reason Tournament of Hearts doesn't hold a candle to the other two. It has some decent songs songs but besides Soon Enough, they're lacking... something.

I'd have to say their self titled is as of yet my favourite, it has the best songs on there as well as some of the strongest lyrics I've ever had the pleasure to read.

Check it out if you haven't.

I still haven't heard most of it, but the ones I've heard are mixed for me too.

I'm really choked I have to miss Constantines with Ladyhawk this year...because I'm seeing Matt Good. Oh well, I mainly wanted to see Ladyhawk and I'm sure they'll both be back anyway.

what do people think of kensington heights? i think it's hit and miss, but there are some really great songs on it. in general, i don't have that much of a problem with the record, it just depends on what mood i'm in.

Its interesting, reading reviews on this album. For some people, they love it and say that its a return to stride. Others say that its pretty inconsistent, that they don't really try anything new and the latter half of the album fades into songs that all sound the same.

I'm bunched into the former. When I first listened to Tournament of Hearts, I liked it, but it just didn't have what I loved so much about the first two albums. Then the single 'Hard Feelings' came out and I thought I was in for another record that was just okay. And that sucks, there's nothing worse than one of your favourite bands heading in a direction that you don't like.

When Kensington Heights came out I was pleasantly surprised. I think its definitely a return to stride. Bry's voice has come a long way and I feel they have really tightened up as a band. Every instrument just works fantastically with the other. 'Credit River' is an example of this. It just sounds great. For me, I still don't really like 'Hard Feelings' or 'Shower of Stones' but every other song on the album is a winner. I might even go as far as saying that its my favourite release of theirs yet. Its a solid, well put together collection of songs.

Favourites:

-Trans Canada

-I Will Not Sing A Hateful Song

-Brother Run Them Down