Kayriss

Is Agoraphobe About Us?

I showed someone the "downloading blues" song, which could be seen as quite a nice "screw you" to those of us (Matt's online fanbase, who the Ryan/Matt stuff has been directly released to) who took pot shots at the new stuff posted on line. They thought it was cool/funny.

Then I showed them Agoraphobe and Seriously Serious, and they wanted to know if Agoraphobe was about the same people as the first one - those who choose to sit in front of the computer instead of going out into the world. Care to share opinions?

Just asking

I think we'd be a little self centered to think that the songs are about the fan community. I think that Agoraphobe is about something deeper than a stab at the fan base that seems to sit at their computers posting on message boards.

Peace

I think Matt knows better than to ignorantly assume that all of us just sit in all day, and if that were the case, I'd take him down a peg or two. But I'm gonna go ahead and ignorantly assume it could be about his old problems of anxiety and severe panic attacks, or it could be totally a song off the top of his head.

I see the song as a reflection of his problems in the past, and as a comment about how so many choose to stay in the "shelter of their own minds," where it is comfortable and safe.

The bird that collides could be a metaphor of the problems outside this "shelter," that so blatently can capture one's attention...and the song expresses the refusal to exit one's safe world in order to help.

Of course, I've never been very astute in regard to analysing and interpreting poetry, so I'm likely so off-base I can't even see it anymore.

Just to keep this from spiraling in the wrong direction, i didn't mean that matt sat down to write a song about Near Fantastica members specifically, but we know his troubles with idiots that (apparently) send him death threats, criticize him from the comfort of their living rooms, etc., etc.

That might be a bit more productive topic than people hauling me to the guillotine for posting something stupid.

Perhaps it's about him and Ryan wanting to do all of this by themselves at home, and not go out and pimp it to record companies and the public.

bingo.

to add to this, the_rat_who_would_be_king was also the first person in this thread to note that ryan was also a factor in this recording. therefore, i highly doubt the song was purely about matt and his own feelings.

but i guess this is the kind of ignorance you get when you put a bunch of hardcore matt good fans in a messageboard and ask them a question.

its almost like a fight to see who can be more ignorant sometimes

of course, some might say that you would all be too naive to think that it might be about you...it'd be easy to write a song and release it on the net about this little internet following...Im sure that there is days that most of you sit around at home all day infront of your computers, perhaps on this very message board...

question... do you guys tell your friend that matt good posts on this message board? Do you brag to the fact that he responded to a question of yours, and try to make it sound like you guys are pals? Its probably the same reason why that scot guy called matt...remember the time that matt had a stalker? it's all in the same, all the context in which you read

Holy shit I'm so awesome. I'd actually like to know more about the MG/RD team up. Do we know anything official, or do we just know that they are making music? Wassap? In addition, I bring up that he posts here and answers my emails (if they are answerable) when trying to convince people that I hear Matt Good's not a real asshole.

Edited by The_Rat_Who_Would_be_King

Then I showed them Agoraphobe and Seriously Serious, and they wanted to know if Agoraphobe was about the same people as the first one - those who choose to sit in front of the computer instead of going out into the world. Care to share opinions?

Just asking

sounds as much like Matt Good to me as any of us. MG spends a lot of time in front of his PC.

to add to this, the_rat_who_would_be_king was also the first person in this thread to note that ryan was also a factor in this recording. therefore, i highly doubt the song was purely about matt and his own feelings.

When I first heard the song, I thought Matt was doing a duet with himself.

The two guys have complimentary voices I think, and I can't really tell them apart. If I had heard more limblifter, I probably might be able to, but as is it's just harmoniously integrated into two great songs and a short comedy tune. ;)

When I first heard the song, I thought Matt was doing a duet with himself.

The two guys have complimentary voices I think, and I can't really tell them apart. If I had heard more limblifter, I probably might be able to, but as is it's just harmoniously integrated into two great songs and a short comedy tune. :angry:

listen to more limblifter ;)

they do sing really well together, i agree

their voices blend quite nicely, and it makes me

feel all mushy inside

(im not cool)