Biggie

Matt Good Threw A Fit

I have a Question. Who are these random arseholes that seem to enjoy wasting their time on this earth trying to mess (can I swear on this board?)with the head of a guy who just wants to provide a forum for discussion? I mean, people can argue whatever they want, and matt can indulge them as he sees fit, but the postings you're describing are such idiotic wastes of time! Do they take joy in it?!? If they do, they're probably loving that we all now look like we're debating matt's mental health, on top of his psysical health.

My polite indignation knows no bounds.

Edited by Kayriss

I think they just delight in attention, positive, negative... and if pushing someone who has to be accomodating to his brink is a way for them to get what they so crave, then so be it. They win, even if everyone else loses.

The best thing to do would be to sweep it under the rug, but they will NEVER go away.

I hope you guys (NF) and Matt can come to some agreement to help him find fans who aren't self-interested asses. And I hope Matt learns when to say enough is enough and take a break.

Edited by MakesYouAWeapon

If people were clamoring for my attention, and dying to be able to talk to me online, I'd have people apply to become website members, and have them fill out a detailed questionaire before I would let them post. It would have to be Juuuust long enough that the idiots would say "screw this," but that we'd be happy to do it. Then, he could pick and choose who to allow and who not to, based on a set number of questions.

Impractical? Bet your ass. It would have to be, to work.

I said it once before when Matt took down the matthewgood.org page we were all familiar with... if you chose to have a comment post for your political views, you are bound to face criticism. I personally agree with 95% of Matt's views and think that his site does a lot for modern political thought. As we all know, political thought has gone down the shitter. There are very few savants left that shed common sense views on world affairs and politics. Too many people know what Paris Hilton ate for breakfast and too few know how to think for themselves.

Getting back to Matt... he should continue with the posts, if he so desires, but needs to be more accomodating to the fact that he is going to face ridicule. You can't please everyone, so screw those who take it upon themselves to take dissent to the next level and make it personal. I think Matt is being overdramatic, but then again, he is going through a lot of shit in his life right now, so I'm in no position to comment on his reaction to this. I just think he needs to stop focusing on the idiots and focus more on the fans who support his efforts.

Jesus, I leave the computer to read a book for a time, and all hell breaks loose.

I feel bad for MG, he's obviously not feeling good, and he goes online tot take his mind off of it and is 'attacked' (apparently).

I say, it's his site, he can do (or not do) whatever he wants with it, how ever often he wants. And, I for one, happen to love his site.

This had nothing to do with divergence of opinions. Personal attacks were made and the last post I read was "Post your girlfriends titties". I can understand Matt not wanting to associate his name with this kind of stuff.

Matt has answered to one guy who keeps saying stupid stuff whether on his blog and then on my forum. And he decided he didn't want to continue the conversation. But after numerous attacks and all the stupid childish stuff that was being posted, we decided to get rid of the board. And he is really exhausted of all of this. Which is why he took mg.org down and we almost lost it. But it had nothing to do with divergence of opinions. This was the primary function of the board.

He wanted to create a place for him and his fans to have fun and chat about interesting stuff going on in the world and music. Then came the idiots. Then came the end...

Congratulations to those responsible, even though I'm sure in your own little universes you are right and Matt is just a whining baby...

(oh and by the way, I already know I'm an asskisser so don't waste your time reminding me)

Edited by Prosis

Hey Prosis, what was the deal with the whole cell phone fiasco? Did Matt really post his phone number in response to Jaded Monkey's request?

Haven't seen it quite frankly

CNN is covering the story right now.

It's absolutly ridiculous this thread has so many views in such little time. OMG MATT HAD A MESSAGE BOARD AND NOW HE DOES NOT WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!1 Clearly he had his reasons for taking it down, and no amount of speculation or hear-say will change a single thing.

CNN is covering the story right now. 

It's absolutly ridiculous this thread has so many views in such little time.  OMG MATT HAD A MESSAGE BOARD AND NOW HE DOES NOT WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!1  Clearly he had his reasons for taking it down, and no amount of speculation or hear-say will change a single thing.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Then again, I don't think we have anything else better to do. After thinking that I feel kind of gross for participating in gossip such as this. We never really discus his Mblog and give our opinions about what he decides to post about. Instead , the biggest discussion makers are about idiots taking another shot at Matt. It’s kind of like everyone continually picking on firestorm because he has a crush on Emma. It gets old quite quickly.

But you’re right, Scott, it is ridiculous.

Edit: Locking topic.

Edited by guitarchick