compman_55

Well...we've Really Done It This Time

Yeah. I think it's for the best. I mean we have no way of knowing what it's like to be passionate about a cause, but be verbally abused by everybody on the internet. I mean that happens here, but to a limited extent. Matt puts himself out there, because he believes in something, and all that he gets is attacked and abused by anybody who can type. Matt is a very articulate guy, and I imagine if somebody presented him with a sound argument, he would debate the point. The problem is that many people just email him and tell him that he's a fucker and he's wrong. I mean if you got 500+ emails a day telling you that, it would get to you.

Peace

Yeah. I think it's for the best. I mean we have no way of knowing what it's like to be passionate about a cause, but be verbally abused by everybody on the internet. I mean that happens here, but to a limited extent. Matt puts himself out there, because he believes in something, and all that he gets is attacked and abused by anybody who can type. Matt is a very articulate guy, and I imagine if somebody presented him with a sound argument, he would debate the point. The problem is that many people just email him and tell him that he's a fucker and he's wrong. I mean if you got 500+ emails a day telling you that, it would get to you.

Peace

except the points that were made at the mblog forum which were contrary to matt's beliefs weren't debated very well on matt's behalf. he just blew up and disappeared from the net. it seemed pretty childish.

matt: these are my points/facts/beliefs on this particular issue

other: i disagree

matt: that's it, i'm taking my ball and going home

Yeah.  I think it's for the best.  I mean we have no way of knowing what it's like to be passionate about a cause, but be verbally abused by everybody on the internet.  I mean that happens here, but to a limited extent.  Matt puts himself out there, because he believes in something, and all that he gets is attacked and abused by anybody who can type.  Matt is a very articulate guy, and I imagine if somebody presented him with a sound argument, he would debate the point.  The problem is that many people just email him and tell him that he's a fucker and he's wrong.  I mean if you got 500+ emails a day telling you that, it would get to you.

Peace

except the points that were made at the mblog forum which were contrary to matt's beliefs weren't debated very well on matt's behalf. he just blew up and disappeared from the net. it seemed pretty childish.

matt: these are my points/facts/beliefs on this particular issue

other: i disagree

matt: that's it, i'm taking my ball and going home

The time Matt just blew up and disapeared like you said he was getting complete idiocies quoted as facts to dismiss what he was saying...

Try reading through before calling someone childish

(yes I am an asskisser)

The time Matt just blew up and disapeared like you said he was getting complete idiocies quoted as facts to dismiss what he was saying...

Try reading through before calling someone childish

(yes I am an asskisser)

Yeah, you are an asskisser. The arguments presented were very clear and spot on. Matt threw a hissy-fit plain and simple. I don't disagree that he undeservingly receives shit e-mail and things of the like but what happened with him on that board was childish on his part.

And a forum on the internet is the perfect place to have an intelligent and respectful debate.

(sarcasm)

What do you think message boards are for? If you want to have a convo. use a chat/messenger program. Message boards are the perfect place to maintain intelligent debates, allowing both parties time to gather facts and refute the arugments of a previous post.

Without somebody posting a transcript of what actually transpired, none of us (who where not present) will be able to effectively make any decisions about the validity of these statements. I which case this may deteriorate into a pointless exercise in finger pointing.

Peace

Without somebody posting a transcript of what actually transpired, none of us (who where not present) will be able to effectively make any decisions about the validity of these statements. I which case this may deteriorate into a pointless exercise in finger pointing.

Peace

I was moderating the conversation at the time and thus am able to judge...

And anyone saying anything against that...well I don't care