chrisoccer

The End Of Matt's Internet Presence

i hate myself and want to die

hopefully he'll continue with Jackpillowhead at the very least

really though, i don't blame him - he probably just wants to be a normal person again, chill out with his family - he has had a good run, i just hope it's not permanent but that's selfish of me to say

I hear ya, he has had a good run. I guess time will tell, he may come back from europe (when and if he goes) and be raring to go on a new album or bring himself back to the internet, but in the event that he doesn't all I have to say is.......

Have a good one

yeah, i think so too, but everyone needs time off, y'know. Hopefully he'll come back from Europe funky-fresh and ready to partay.

Is the Anabelle single out? will that be the last official release?

He says that now, but hes a musician, so he needs to make money somehow. He will either come back out of nessesity or just begin to suckle at the corporate teat of America (as that is where the money is. Canada is worth nothing) which with the proper marketing, could go over incredibly well.

But you never know. he may just fade into obscurity.

And as for posting his phone number, that is just a bad idea. He probobly should have thought that one thru. There as many people who hate him as there are people who like him. It would be like Brittny Spears posting her phone number (without the sexual predators)

a post on his site that was lost soon after when he was revamping right before his decision to pack it in went something like this...i am sick of new things (music, etc...) and maybe i'll find a place in europe that is old enough not to have anything new and settle there. as for a job, dunno what to do, big band?, spoken word?, or get a job. he is not sure what the future holds for him, but i wish him well and thank him for his music, his views, and for speaking out for those that can't!

Just a heads up guys. The cell phone number I dropped, it's for a house cell we keep for emergencies in a drawer. It's not my home number. Seriously now.

That really sucks hard core but sometimes you just have to do things for yourself, even if it does mean people are left on an unfair basis.

It was a huge privilege to be able to interact with someone I admire a lot.

In the past, I’ve gotten more then I deserve of compassion and words of wisdom from Matt. I carry on that compassion to others and talk about their problems.

It feels really good for someone to say, thanks for listening, thanks for showing you care. That’s all I need to be happy.

It defiantly kicked my ass in the right direction and helped me recognize myself for who I am.

I might be terminally ill with whatever disease right now, but I am surprisingly healthy in a mental way. It makes it a lot easier to deal with illness when you have your head on straight.

As for quitting music, Matt, I hope you’ll get back into it someday if you feel the need to quit now. I also hope you’ll reconsider having a Blog for your trip to Europe. It’d be really cool to hear about what you see during your travels.

You know there could be a ot of reasons that Matt needs to take a brake right now. I mean, he has worked a hell of a lot this year. I hope that he will still make music, as there are directions he has not yet gone that he could still take. I would love to see a straight up acoustic tour sometime. But anyways, we don't know for sure what's going on...Jen could be pregnant or something.

=( =( =(

This is depressing. I really hope Matt doesn't stop releasing music. Seems like wasted talent... There are very few song writers who are even in his league, IMO. And of course, I absolutely adore his voice.

Maybe after getting a few things straightened out in his mind, he'll consider following through with Jackpillowhead or perhaps another solo record. At least, I certainly hope so.

This is depressing. I really hope Matt doesn't stop releasing music. Seems like wasted talent... There are very few song writers who are even in his league,

I like Matt too, but if you think there are few people that are as good or better than Matt you need to do yourself a favour and listen to some other music. I don't want to start a flame war or whatever but there's tons of bands out there that even in just the last few years have been just as good or better than what Matts producing now. I don't know what you like but just try something new.

Didn't he say after the Bayfest/threats about his wife thing that he was likely quitting music, and was quitting the internet again, and then he put out WLRRR?

The "I quit the internet" proclamation is nothing he hasn't said before. I doubt he's about to quit making music.

no matter how much that closing may hurt some of us, I think we must respect what he did... he's got his reasons (very powerful, by the way) to have done what he did... and it really hurts me, specially because now i feel some sorta "lonely" without that blog, not being able to check his opinions, his music, anymore... but it's his decision and i feel we must respect it