a girl called catastrophe

Thanks Matt

matt:

i just wanted to thank you for putting so much effort into mblog and keeping it running for so long, despite all the criticism you received. i loved reading it daily, and its so frustrating that there are people out there that always seem to ruin it for the true fans. i was introduced to your music during a very difficult time in my life, and have been a dedicated fan since. the music helped me cope. you're so incredibly talented, and i hope that your experiences lately havent turned you off music forever. if you decide to return, you'll have a solid fan base waiting for you.

take care.

(i know that matt probably wont read this, but it makes me feel better posting it anyways)

There is no way to put in words how much i'd like to thank Matt for his work in music and the world at large. Keep yourself happy Matt along whatever path life takes you, we'll all be here to cheer if music is something you don't want to give up just yet.

Agreed. You've made a section of your fanbase aware of things they may not have otherwise been turned on to. I for one thank you for changing my outlook on the world and ensuring that I won't let my life be dictated by what I once thought were forces beyond my control. Please, in any way you see fit, keep up the good work in this regard.

-Eric McCall

Mr. Good, I can honestly say that I believe you have created the best music I have ever heard. I just want to thank you for letting the world hear your incredible voice for so many years. The news regarding you leaving the music career truly saddened me alot. I look to your music so many times during my life for various things. And whether I was looking for support, relaxation, or enjoyment, your music always seemed to help out. If you do decide to stop making music, know that you will be heavily missed. However, if you do continue creating masterpieces, know that it is greatly appreciated and loved by many.

My brother introduced me to Matt's music. (By "introduce" I mean I snuck into his room while he was away and stole his Avalance CD) After that, I had something to lean on, and go to when I couldn't handle my world. There's somehing about the way he describes things, and how he doesn't (or didn't)let people get in his way and rain down on his parade. So uh.. heh-heh, thanks or something. ;)

It frightens me really the way everyone is sounding like this is it....the end....i really hope its not...

Anyways, Matt, if you read this at all then I guess I just want to say that you're a source of inspiration for a LOT of people. Just look at this site. Its a place for people to gather and discuss their thoughts, form opinions, relationships and encourage eachother to become more aware (and i speak of only THIS site...I'm sure there are more) And its all in your honour. Maybe it seems meager in the face of recent events (the Mblog stuff--which i feel stupid not knowing much about)but there are people who really look up to and respect you. I'm one of them. I'm sure there are others who agree with me. I've been "hard-core", if you will, since Underdogs was released. I don't think I could have invested this much time into the average musician...

I may only speak for myself but, I think of your blog as giving a voice to all those people who recognize the absurdity of our current world. Sure there are those who disagree, but there are also those who agree, but haven't the means (or aren't sure of the means) to voice their opinions on a grander scale. I hope you recognize that. YOU AREN'T ALONE! (And i think a few people have mentioned likewise). This isn't an appeal to bring it back, but more of a side-note that it wasn't for naught.

I think it's important for you to know that even though you haven't a clue who we are, and you may not understand why we care so much about YOUR future (whether it be in music or other forms of communication with the public), the fact remains that there will be a lot of people with that sinking, empty-stomach feeling if we're forced to say goodbye...it's just too finite for someone who we hold to have infinite potential

No good-byes yet? Please?

Have fun in Europe! Keep us all posted!