Fenix99

At Last There Is Nothing Left To Say

For anyone who has the book. Have you read the story of Jenni (not his wife, the girl from the song) near the end? Wow. All I have to say is wow. He makes a disclaimer that it's pretty much the true story with a few touch ups but still, if it's even 50% truth.. that is one sad story.

It sure does bring a clearer meaning to the song. The song was always pretty clear, but after reading that story you can go line by line and pretty much say, "Oh.. whoa" the whole way through the song.

Besides this one story, I find the whole book hilarious. it's a great read if you just like little short stories which may or may not have a point.

There are actually two editions of the book at this time. The first does not contain "The Night Opus" or "A Commoner's Guide to Suicide"; these are only in the second edition.

The book is comprised of the manifestos and is definately a great read. I am constantly making references to the book.

I first read "The Night Opus" in a manifesto and also was moved by it.

Edited by Mick

I'm pretty sure The Night Opus was left out of the first edition accidentally...

I don't own a copy, (can't find it in US stores...anyone know where I can get one?)but I do recall MG and the publisher issuing some sort of statement and offering to mail the missing part of the book to people who owned it...

For anyone who has the book. Have you read the story of Jenni (not his wife, the girl from the song) near the end? Wow. All I have to say is wow. He makes a disclaimer that it's pretty much the true story with a few touch ups but still, if it's even 50% truth.. that is one sad story.

It sure does bring a clearer meaning to the song. The song was always pretty clear, but after reading that story you can go line by line and pretty much say, "Oh.. whoa" the whole way through the song.

Besides this one story, I find the whole book hilarious. it's a great read if you just like little short stories which may or may not have a point.

i bought the book and with the exception of a few bronte novels, it's my one of my favourites.

what i love about mg is that he can break your heart, and then on the next page he can make you piss yourself laughing.

i love this book, but it's not for everyone, especially those who don't like atypical writing styles. i wish more people would have given this book a chance. oh well, maybe if it had oprahs' seal of approval ;)

the night opus is my favourite story from the book, but i promised myself i'd never read it again.

at a recent mg concert, i was surprised how many hardcore mg fans haven't read the book..

"at a recent mg concert, i was surprised how many hardcore mg fans haven't read the book.."

I think it's an issue of availability. I don't know if I'd fit your definition of hardcore, but I remember when I first heard about the book, I was determined to get it. When it was supposedly released, I tried every bookstore, every music store, and no one knew what I was talking about. At the time I didn't have a credit card so couldn't buy it online. I'm sure there was probably some way I could have gotten it, but I wasn't ambitious enough.

I have read most of the manifestos, and while I'd love a copy of the book, I realize it would be quite pricy if I did manage to find a copy on Ebay. I don't know if I'd pay upwards of $100 for a book I've read most of already. And if this fact somehow makes me less of a "hardcore" fan, then so be it.

Edited by summerbronze

I actually just ordered it off of amazon not 5 min ago. I am not sure why i never bought it before but now that i can put it on a credit card i can order it online as whenever i go to the book store they do not have it in as its not something common.

The first time i read the book, i kept saying to myself "how did this get published??" like some other people have been writing, He has an interesting writing style that is hard to catch onto at first. Not to say that it is bad, it is actually refreshing to break from the ordinary.

Im a huge fan of the side bars.... haha

I wish he would write a new one, now that he has some time on his hands not posting on Mblog anymore ;)

M (man) + W (wife) + H (house) +S.U.V + Dt (Debt) = K (kids) + MD (more debt)+ CAOA (COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF ADVIL)

thanks Matt Good for a math equasion that truely works in the real world :angry: