Fenix99

At Last There Is Nothing Left To Say

I got my copy a a Chapters in Vancouver (on Robson I think? The three-story one on a slant downtown)and it was always with me on my trip. I've read my favorite stories (Magic Goat,Beyond this Place, Ditches on a long road home) over several times, its deffinatly one of my top five favorite books. If anyone hasn't done so yet, check out the other Manifestoes released after the book over at imgarbage, theres some really fantastic additions.

And, I'm pretty damned sure Television didn't happend...The question is, did The Night Opus? Thats really the only story in there I'd even begin to think is true.

I got mine off amazon for 20 bucks...best 20 bucks Ive spent in ages....I laughed and howled...and it made me ponder and think inward......I do see where some would find it hard to read, but personally I only founds small portions kind of *out there* and took some concentrating to read but for the most part I was thoroughly entertained.

Jen

"Absolute crap from beginning to end."

"Does he kiss his mother with that mouth?"

- Some of the reviews on the back. Personally I enjoyed the book, even if I had read the manifestoes. There's just something about the word printed to paper that makes it superior to a computer screen.

Anyone know if the reviews on the back are actually real reviews or just Matt putting made up ones on there for fun. I have tried to google the reviewers and find nothing. Not that it matter really, no matter what book it is you can find enough good or bad reviews from anyone to fill an entire book.

I'm pretty sure they are real quotes. They are real sources, so it'd be illegal to make up false quotes (and the book seems to be careful with the legal aspects, like the "Director's cut" of "Matt and Dave go to Hollywood with Jenna Jameson".

Also, the reviews are fairly true. Many stories end up rambling and seemingly pointless, but thats part of the fun of it. The book is clearly not for all tastes, but those who like it like it alot.