miss new wave

Matt Moving To Ny?

Just came across this post on Jenni's blog:

New York, New York?

So, Matt and I have been really giddy with the thought of moving to Manhattan for a few months to gather inspiration. Another life long dream of mine. I find myself already searching for sublets. I honestly don't even want a nice apartment. I want something eclectic and real, something that has an interesting story behind it. We're gonna love it. The real question is: Will the puppies? I don't know how much grass there is in Manhattan, the boys will have to learn to pee on fire hydrants. I had a feeling that 2005 was going to be a great year.

What the...?? I can totally understand them wanting to get away, have a change of scenery. But moving to Manhattan? That would really shock me...

Thats interesting, but whatever they want to do. Matt has said on many occasions that just because he dislikes the administration in the US does not mean he hates the country completely. I have never been to New York but I am sure it is an interesting place and no reason not to spend a little time there. I dont think he has to worry about being recognized in the grocery store there and it would sure be a change of scenery. A three month trip there spending time catching some theatre, seeing the sights, and getting an overall impression of what the people down there think like would be good for anyone. Maybe even catch a Yankees game, as much as i could never root for them it would be neet to see a game in Yankee stadium ;)

What's wrong with inspiration? As much as I disagree with the US invading Iraq, you have to admit that even the war has 'influenced' a lot of artists right now (Matt, U2, Green Day, Sum 41, Eminem, etc...).

Sum 41's "Chuck" was named after a U.N. worker who helped the band out of the Congo when a war or a battle broke out there. They were there filming something for "War Child" when the war or a battle broke out getting the band caught in the crossfire. I wouldn't be surprised if they used that for inspiration somewhat instead...

Well NY offers the citylife, but he's anonymous, for the most part. i think that would be the coolest thing.

If i were loaded, i'd live in Ny for awhile too.

Then may I ask what are you doing on this message board and on this site for that matter? I'm not trying to be a dick or start an argument. Just curious... forgive me.

You can hate Matts personality and still like his music. I know many peoploe like that. I have never met her, but you never know. she could be ditzy.

According to this one message "bored" I am a ditz. And I post WAY too many pictures of myself. Well, it is my personal blog, about me, so I think I can post whatever I feel like. And if this "Scot"? person wants to send me a photo of him/herself, I would gladly put it up, so that he/she didn't have to look at my mug anymore. In the meantime, "Scot"?, this photo's for you!!

Go Jen.

According to this one message "bored" I am a ditz. And I post WAY too many pictures of myself. Well, it is my personal blog, about me, so I think I can post whatever I feel like. And if this "Scot"? person wants to send me a photo of him/herself, I would gladly put it up, so that he/she didn't have to look at my mug anymore. In the meantime, "Scot"?, this photo's for you!!

Go Jen.

Damn scot. you got served.