Mr. Chips

fahrenheit 911

I seen it today. I have to say that I expected more. Moore was hardly in any of the footage and I guess for me I already knew everything in the movie so it wasn't all that interesting. I think it's great how he lays it all out for people to see though. At least some of the American public can learn from it.

I think the strength of the movie is the way Moore does it, he doesn't make statements, and accusations, he just puts out facts, and lets the audience make up their own minds.

That's what 'caused the delay in the movies release, if Moor was just slanderous, the administration could easily dismiss the movie as counter propaganda.

Good movie... I'll go again when it makes it to our cheap theater (I can't afford $8 a person more than once)

Peace

don't expect it to be a "movie"... it is more a documentary, kinda Bowling for Columbine... and I think it is a must for those who are worried about social issues AND specially to cry out and "denounce" Bush and his policy

Michael Moore is necessary in the media of today, that's for sure. I think personally that he's a little bit high on his horse so to speak...I get the impression that he thinks he's a "pretty good guy" for doing this, which kinda defeats the purpose...but he's necessary nonetheless.

thanx to M.Moore, many Americans have realized of what Bush has done to them and to the world, what his real intentions and ideas of "international policy" are... and what kind of government he has built up: a government based of lies (the illegal Irak's invasion), economical power (all the economical scandals in companies who supported his political career), corruption - let's not forget that he won the elections in a very "dark" way and the Enron, Worldcom scandals... - and economical interests (the illegal Irak's invasion just for oil control)...

that's what M.Moore shows in his documentaries... just for that, he is necessary for the American audience and for the world audience

Edited by juanpe

The great thing about him, is that he brings to light a lot of things that the american press doesn't point out or dwell on, if they even report it that is. A lot of stuff that is really important doesn't get known here, I hear the most shocking things I've learned about my own country thru the BBC.

Did you even see it, parker, because I get the feeling that you didn't. If you really as totally uninterested in politics as you act, then why would you go see a political film in the first place? What were you expecting of this movie, what would have been the 'smart' movie you were hoping for?

TERRIBLE MOVIE, BORING AS HELL, WALKED OUT IN FIRST HALF HOUR

I'm not sure if 30 minutes counts as seeing...

As for terrible, that is your opinion, I accept that. I don't agree with you, but there isn't much I can do about it.

I would appreciate knowing what you though was stupid about it, if you could give me some examples of stupid things in the movie... Did you think it was full of lies, did you think it trivialized the issue. (could you not see because your head was rammed to far up your ass?). The latter aside, I would really like to know your reasoning behind why you think the movie was terrible, and stupid. I would like to know what prompted you to walk out after only 20 minutes.

Peace

first, i dont think anybody said you were stupid, parker... you said you found the movie stupid and people here were asking you why you thought it was stupid

second, i also think that if you go to watch such a movie (social and political in its contents) i guess you expect to find - and specially after Bowling for Columbine - some sorta critique against Bush and his policy... that's what you expect to find

third, i dont think half an hour is enough time to appreciate such a deep - in its contents - movie as M.Moore's movies

and fourht, i would also like to know what you found stupid in the movie... that is, basically, what makes you say that the movie is stupid

your opinion? of course, as all opinions yours is as respectful as mine or as any others', nobody insinuated anything different... but, again, in order to say that something is ok, bad, very bad, stupid, horrible, terrible, wonderful, amazing... whatever, you need to say why you have such an opinion, don't you think so?

i have explained in a previous post why i think these movies are necessary nowadays, specially living in the "Bush imperialism" world