i agree with tim on that comment haha.

i am against pologamy because often the children are overlooked. i have 2 sisters and sometimes i don't feel like i get enough attention. imagine having 25 brothers and sisters. as well, alot of these children are physically and sexually abused. no one listens if they try to get help. incest does happen, but i don't have such a problem with that as long as it is consentual. i do think its gross though haha.

i watched the a&e thing too and if you see that it will change your mind. no one should have to share a loved one like that.

You can't determine a cause simply from correlation. Even if it were true that polygamous relationships have more abuse, that doesn't mean the polygamy itself causes it. Like owen said before, it's not polygamy causing the problems within the Mormon sects, it's the Mormon's.

It's like if you see a study that shows children who watch more violent TV tend to be more agressive, and then you conclude that the violent TV causes the behavior. It's possible that's true, but it's also just as likely that agressive children like to watch more violent TV, and that the TV doesn't cause the behavior at all.

The same is true in this case. There might tend to be more abuse, incest, etc., with polygamous couples, but that in no way begins to show a causual link.

In my opinion, I don't understand why the government would allow gay marriage but not polygamous marriages. The government is saying that denying homosexuals the right to marry is infringing on their rights. Isn't it infringing on polygamous people's rights their right to marry more than one person? To me, it just seems contradictory to say, "Mr. Polygamy, you're going against the traditional definition of marriage so you're not allowed to get married. Mr. Gay, you're going against the traditional definition of marriage, but you can get married, it's ok."

I mean, if the women involved in a polygamous marriage are not forced into it, then what is the problem? For that matter, I'm sure there are a lot of women forced into traditional marriages due to relgious beliefs (arranged marriages).