I'd have to say that musically speaking, meaning just talking about the craft of the music, it's some of the best stuff I've ever heard. I find that for every song I can sit there and just listen to the music and think of nothing else, and each time I can focus on a new aspect of the song. They are so multilayered and well timed, and well mixed that this sentence could go on forever. Trent Reznor deals with a relatively limited amount of subject matter, but so few songs sound the same (except for ones that are pretty much the same, which is a whole different kind of cool [see La Mer/Into the Void for further details])

i am in love with this post

you put my thoughts into words that i never could and i hate you for it

but youre right, even the remixes (at least the ones ive heard) dont sound like the original songs, which is awesome, since a lot of remixes are just like, extended versions, or something like that.. and rather boring

and im pretty sure theres no nothing at all, but i could be wrong

WHAT ABOUT NOTHING RECORDS! WHAT COULD THEY POSSIBLY REQUEST? Actually I figure it's not the labels but rather the magazines he does the interviews for. He probably just doesn't care either way how they make him dress then pose.

if he didnt do lots of pictures and interviews, he'd be tool. that's what they do.

the pictures he does are for magazines and stuff, for promotional purposes. they all suit his image most of the time, but of course, there will always be bad pictures. just like theres bad anything else.

the pictures help perpetuate the image of trent reznor as a rock star, and not necessarily michael trent reznor who grew up in clevland ohio. i find when an artist has an image, it separates their stage life from their real life.

therefore, glamour shots should be the least of your worries.

I watched Cash's video for Hurt in my Religion class a few times, and had to listen to the professor talk about how the lyrics are pro-Christian, thn someone busted out that it wasn't a Johnny Cash song. But he kept up that it was all like "Jesus Rocks!"

god is dead - and no one cares. If there is a hell - i'll see you there.

Yup. TDS was pro-christian allright ;)

I can't wait for Teeth!!!!!!!!!! I think it will be one of the best albums of 005.

I thought ol' Johnny did the song justice though. Personal Jesus, on the other hand....

I liked the Johnny Cash Personal Jesus, it was just so diffirent from the original. Coincidentally enough, Trent Reznor said he didnt like the Marylin Manson version because it was so unoriginal. I can't imagine life past Star Wars episode 3 and With Teeth + tour. That Matt Good guy is going to have to come back to make me stick around.

But that's all just because Maynard has self esteem problems. Trent is beautiful and he knows it. But seriously... yah it's all good. It's really just this picture that puts me off.trent354.jpg

you have a point (with the picture).

i dont think maynard has self esteem issues, because outside of tool he does interviews and photoshoots, as the maynard for APC. he's also had a few small roles in some movies. so he obviously doesn't have that big of a problem.

the anti-image, image that they have is more of an ideal that the band shares, not just maynard. back in the day (60s), rock music had a kind of mystery attatched to it. there weren't so many magazines all asking the same dumb questions over and over, and the band's image itself wasn't so stressed upon. so to return to that, tool only do selective press. and it's worked. despite the fact that they started out by hardly do interviews for anyone, they're a pretty successful band, and one of the only bands from their time-period that are still around today.

also, because they hardly to photoshoots, members of the band can walk out into a crowd and not be recognized by the fans. and that's what they want.

man, ive typed too much. this is what you get when the conversation turns to tool.

Look "borntohula" if that is your real name, you don't scare me okay. Why don't you go start your own "I <3 Maynard" thread and post sexy pix and fan fic. But yah, Maynards pretty cool.

But anyway, back to Nine Inch Nails yo. Is it 9 inch long nails, or a bunch of 9" nails? and are they fingernails or nail nails?

In an almost totally heterosexual way, he was sexiest in the Perfect Drug/kinda French lookin' period. Also known as the good old days.

i think he was really tasty in the closer video

ohhh and the march of the pigs video, holy shit