Antipop

First Encounter

Hello time bomb was the first time i went out and bought a cd, i was still young when apparations and everything is automatic came out, but i remember being obsessed with those songs, then i bought beautiful midnight and right there my love for the mgb started

Back in '98 a kid in school mentioned him, or them, to me. Said I should buy the Matthew Good Band CD. Of course I was like, "who?"

Found myself in Future Shop a few days later and on demo was Underdogs so I gave it a listen. Deep Six was the first MGB song I ever heard. I wasnt into music much back when Astronauts was hot, I was too young.

Anyways, make a long story short, Underdogs was my favourite CD from the moment I brought it home. I was ridiculed for my taste in music with that CD. But I didnt care, I loved it.

Avalanche was like a reawakening though.

Anyone who says his best days are behind him is on crack.

Edited by gonna.die.in.coquitlam

Back in '98 a kid in school mentioned him, or them, to me. Said I should buy the Matthew Good Band CD. Of course I was like, "who?"

Found myself in Future Shop a few days later and on demo was Underdogs so I gave it a listen. Deep Six was the first MGB song I ever heard. I wasnt into music much back when Astronauts was hot, I was too young.

Anyways, make a long story short, Underdogs was my favourite CD from the moment I brought it home. I was ridiculed for my taste in music with that CD. But I didnt care, I loved it.

do you live in coquitlam?

I saw the video for Everything is Automatic, and thought it was absolutely amazing.. but it was their first and only song, *that I'd heard of (this is like Nov 1997)..* but when Indestructible came out, I HAD to buy the album.. but I was such an OurLadyPeace fan back then.. that I ended up buying "Naveed" instead.. then in 1999 when Hello Time Bomb was released, I was like that's it.. no way I'm skipping over this band.. and I got BM.. was in love with it, then I went back and got Underdogs, then Audio of Being when it was released.. it was funny because I'd always tell ppl that OLP were my favourite band, but the cds that were ALWAYS in my cd player were MGB. lol.

I heard Everything is Automatic on the radio and liked it, but never really got interested. Then a friend of mine had bought Beautiful Midnight when it came out and I listened to it, liked it, bought it. Then when I moved back to Calgary, Yam had also liked MG and got me more interested in MG's other music.

Yah thats where I live.

I was pretty stoked when I first heard I Miss New Wave. Never liked the song, just liked the fact coquitlam is in it. Way to represent Matt.

I saw the video for Rico when i was ten and was just getting out of the pop shit that little kids like. I asked for Underdogs for christmas, and then got raygun and LOTGA and have never looked back.

I'm in with the Apparitions crowd... at least that's my first memory of acknowledging him and liking him. I had heard of him before then but i was won over with Appartions. I then bought Underdogs, but i'd actually say i didn't fall in love with MGB until the day Beautiful Midnight came out because i didnt buy Raygun or Ghetto until after BM.

I should specify... The Apparitions video was what won me over!

Edited by mcgarnicle19

Yah thats where I live.

I was pretty stoked when I first heard I Miss New Wave. Never liked the song, just liked the fact coquitlam is in it. Way to represent Matt.

Haha cool...I was once on my way home from school (SFU to Maple Ridge = brutal commute by transit) when I first heard that line...I was like "hey that's where I am now".

Anyways, back on topic..

I remember hearing about Matthew Good Band and the songs Apparitions and Everything is Automatic waaaaaay back, but at the time, I was like 11 years old and listened to crappy music.

I didn't really like any songs until Load Me Up was on one of the Big Shiny Tunes...that song, along with Adam's song by Blink 182 and Wonderful by Everclear (those three songs go in a row on the CD), were the only three songs I listened to. I still didn't buy any of his albums until Avalanche though, and that's when I started paying attention to all of his older stuff. Now I own all the albums except Loser Anthems and Lo-Fi B-Sides ;)