Mouko

Most underrated Matthew Good/Band song?

My favourite MG(B) songs aren't ever recognized by anyone outside of here, but i think alot of MG/B fans love them. The singles usually get worn out, where they're played alot on Tv and Radio, but also becuase They're generally at the beginning of the album. #2 has been a single on every MGB album, not counting ep's. "While we were hunting rabbits", "Born To Kill", "Running For Home", "Advertising On Police Cars", "Omissions of The Omen", "Fated", "The Inescapable Us", "Prime Time Deliverance", "Enjoy the Silence (I know it's a cover, but still great)" and my all time favourite "Flight Recorder From Viking 7" ;)

I have hundreds of CDs, but basically Matthew Good is all I listen to anymore because every album is loaded with good songs, and I find it hard to pick out the best or most underrated. It's especially tough since I live in the U.S. and so I don't know which of Matt's newest songs have been released as singles or are getting airplay on Canadian radio. Does he get a lot of airplay by the way? If so, what older songs do they usually play besides the lastest singles from the newest album he has out at the time? I just find each album to have it's own character and direction, and that's what I like about Matt's music. To me, AUDIO OF BEING almost sounds like a giant farewell record with the epic songs and heavy guitars that were not really heard before this on any MGB albums. Perhaps Matt and the band knew their relationship was coming to an end, I don't know. BEAUTIFUL MIDNIGHT sounds as if MGB was looking to make it big worldwide because over half the album sounds like it was made for rock radio, especially U.S. modern rock radio, which sadly never picked up on the band. The band was looking to score U.S. hits I think (and I don't mean that in a bad way) since the songs I think they felt had this potential include some of my favorites like "Hello Time Bomb", "Load Me Up", "Strange Days" and "Suburbia". Around the time this was released here in the states, it definitley should have made an impact because the songs are much better than what was big at that time like Creed and Blink 182 among others. Ths post is too long, I'll write more later.

It happens the same to me ;) no matter what band/singer I listen to, in the end I always come back for more MG and I always have one of his CDs ready to be played, either in my CD player, computer, my stereo... wherever, but one MG CD is always reacy to be played :angry:

I dont even understand "underrated" ... nobody usually trashes his songs anyways so i dont know which ones are "underrated".

All of his songs are good... at least i think so. None of them i can trash, and none of them i can call underrated.

That is my blab... may not make sense but in my mind it does ;)

in the case of AOB and for those personal reasons that we all know, even MGB underrated their own album (understandable? not understandable? that's another poing...) and they dont even sing songs from that album in their tours...

off topic: do you think matt knows all the lyrics to all the songs he has ever had on his albums?

or would he have to refresh his memory?

What kind of songs does he play in concerts as of late?

off topic: I suppose that if you dont sing some songs pretty often you forget their lyrics and you need to refresh them from time to time...

with respect to the songs he sings lately: both the Avalanche or the WLRRR tours include songs from previous albums except from AOB ;) the only song i have seen in the concerts I downloaded from the Hub is "under the influence" (I may be wrong and there are other concerts in which he included more songs from the AOB album) and I have a live file of "advertising on police cars" but I don't know which concert it belongs to...

Its his job eh?

If your not prepped then your not doing your job. Im sure that he doesnt have to spend too much time on it though. He probably knows the songs well enough in the first place that he doesnt really have to do too much to prep.