Crusader

Ninja Turtles

I've seen the Original MANGA's for TMNT's from before the cartoons. It was bloody and for "older" people. My friend had them. I have almost the whole set of the Archie TMNT comic series, it was awesome.

I also loved the cartoon and games and toys etc; now its just ruined. Why don't they just show the original cartoon, instead of making a new one? Why not make new episodes based on the old cartoon, that would be better.

Neat info: The man who plays Uncle Phil on Fresh Prince did the voice for Shredder in the original cartoon.

Also the man who did the voice of Liquid Snake and does voice acting for various other Konami and PS2/PC/XBOX games did the voice for Leonardo.

I've seen the Original MANGA's for TMNT's from before the cartoons.  It was bloody and for "older" people.  My friend had them.  I have almost the whole set of the Archie TMNT comic series, it was awesome.

I also loved the cartoon and games and toys etc; now its just ruined.  Why don't they just show the original cartoon, instead of making a new one?  Why not make new episodes based on the old cartoon, that would be better.

Sorry man, but they weren't mangas just because they are black and white, just regular old indie comics.

Also, the new cartoon is based more closely to the original comic series, and has creative input from one of the creators, Peter Laird. If you watch an old episode you would see why that is a good thing...

Not to sound like a geek or anything, but I have been collecting TMNT comics for 15 years or so, and have almost all the Archie books, except 3 issues I think. I also have a lot of the original books and they are a huge step up.

I will agree, though, that the Archie ones were pretty wicked.

Edited by CaptainRocket

I had a friend who only ever wanted to play splinter and just sit around and meditate all the time. We were four years old. What kind of a demented four year old wants to play splinter, splinter was boring. You gotta be one of the turtles. Leonardo was a dreamboat, I had a crush on him ...mind you I had a pretty big crush on Astroboy too. I'm going to stop typing now.

Sorry man, but they weren't mangas just because they are black and white, just regular old indie comics.

Well.. sorry man but.. Manga is Japanese for COMICS. Just because it wasn't the "style" or made by the Manga comapny does not mean it wasn't Manga. It was still Manga because it originated in Japan.

Who cares about the "looking like a nerd" shit anyways. ;)

...Manga is Japanese for COMICS. Just because it wasn't the "style" or made by the Manga comapny does not mean it wasn't Manga. It was still Manga because it originated in Japan.

Do you mean the term originated in Japan or the Turtles' comic originated in Japan? Because I know it was made (and still is) in Massachusetts.

Anyways, I see where you're coming from, I just don't apply the term manga to comics that aren't Japanese.

Anyways, I see where you're coming from, I just don't apply the term manga to comics that aren't Japanese.

Yeah I was trying to say that the Original Ninja turtle comics we're from Japan. They we're from way before the TV show thats how they started.

Yeah I was trying to say that the Original Ninja turtle comics we're from Japan. They we're from way before the TV show thats how they started.

There was an anime of the turtles made only in Japan in the 90's, but otherwise, they are 100% American I'm afraid. Check this out. Go to Site Map, and then TMNT origin story.