denneymac

Help Matthew Good!

Its not my fault I'm in high school!

Okay, maybe it is.

...and how would we know he didnt want anyone to go there? You're saying 'respect his decision', but how would we know if people are telling us theres a new blog?

Edited by savepenguins

Oh man. I just knew that someone would come along and open up their mouth. If you guys like Matt having a blog, here's a suggestion...

Keep your mouth shut. In fact, I really hope this whole thread will be erased.

Oh man. I just knew that someone would come along and open up their mouth. If you guys like Matt having a blog, here's a suggestion...

Keep your mouth shut. In fact, I really hope this whole thread will be erased.

its too late Tim...but Im with you...bring on the pollution.

What a disappointment

I never wanted my post to cause a problem. I am terribly sorry if I have ruin Matt's plans and if I drove him underground. Leave it an American to cause a problem.

DenneyMac, before you make yourself look even more ignorant (we'll ignore your spelling inadequacies), quit stirring up nationalistic controversy. You don't know anything about the people posting on this board except what they tell you, so don't assume anything about anyone.

He has a new blog. You're not invited.

hey guy who said "you're not invited"

do you mean me? i don't understand why it is that only a 'select few special people' get access to this blog. what makes anyone here more worthy of the blog than anyone else. we're all matt good fans probably to reasonably the same degree. Lets not discriminate here people. don't be irrational and think that you somehow 'deserve' it more....unless you're his brother or cousin or somehting and he specifically asked you to visit...in which case i apologize for my ignorance and agree that you have more right than myself....

I have no idea what makes you more eligible to read Matthews Blog or not.

I know there are many who are being left out who could contribute to Matt’s Blog. I didn't even know about it and I wasn't eligible to read it either. I think Matt knew it was going to happen no matter what. It’ll always get out. He just has to figure out how to make it more secure without leaving out so many people who would love to read his blog. Maybe if we all stuck our heads together, we might be able to help the issue instead of turning it into the same crap that happens every single time.

The most secure thing he could do is provide those people invited to see his blog with unique usernames and passwords. Any account that abuses the blog could easily be removed.

Not sure how feasable this would be though.

True but how do you figure out who is elegible to post there and who isnt?

Unless he really just wants only a few people to read it. there are many people who'd love to read it but they just don't have the magic email or whatever.

well i completely understand his desire to keep it private... it is just unfortunate that some people won't get to be a part of it...this is the extent of my protest...what makes one fan more eligible than the next... is there criteia? if so how do i go about meeting it? i dunno. There are lots of us who have innocent intentions and who may not even comment at all on the blog but just want to keep ourselves updated....should i feel guilty if i sneak a peek here and there?? ;)

Then maybe we should try to solve the problem between the people who'd like to visit, but can't.

We should give him some ideas about it and confront him.

Edit: we are pretty smart people.

Alot of us have different kinds of talents that could contribute to solving the issue.

We just need to organize those ideas.

Edited by guitarchick

True but how do you figure out who is elegible to post there and who isnt?

Unless he really just wants only a few people to read it.  there are many people who'd love to read it but they just don't have the magic email or whatever.

I'd have to assume Matt Good would be deciding who has access and who doesn't.

On a website, you can set up specific directories to be password protected. If only a dozen or so people are going to have access to something, then this is a good way to go. Everyone can have their own account, and if they share their account with someone who abuses the site, the individual account can easily be removed.

If it's something that more people are going to have access to, then the best idea would be message board format, but have some sort of sysop or mod validation, rather than just email verification.

Edited by frustrated inc.

I found the Blog, [curiousity, grass is greener on the other side et al.] but I have no intention of viewing it in the future. It is a private blog, and that I believe should be respected. I like to liken Matthew Good as a musical Noam Chomsky and as much as it is interesting, unless we are invited, it's none of our fucking business.