denneymac

Help Matthew Good!

fraid not, i dont really care what his views are on the state of the world

hes just a man like anyone else, hes not some crazy all knowing god or anything

Alright so basically thats all I was saying. We seem to agree.

I respect his opinion, I don't think I will have a problem living without it however.

So if you don't care if it's gone of not, then why do you even care. Some people here like it, for whatever reasons, and those are their own. If you don't like he ideas then don't read them.

No, but he is a teacher.

hes a teacher?

i thought he was a musician

wow, you learn something new every day

You can have two jobs.

I don't mean he went to school to become a teacher; you don't have to have the stupid badge. ;)

He teaches us the left winged perspective of politics.

Young people are drowned by the right winged perspective.

I guess I'm trying to say he's the old wise wigwam teacher…. Man.

A speaker of peace and compassion as well.

fraid not, i dont really care what his views are on the state of the world

Alright so basically thats all I was saying. We seem to agree.

I respect his opinion, I don't think I will have a problem living without it however.

So if you don't care if it's gone of not, then why do you even care. Some people here like it, for whatever reasons, and those are their own. If you don't like he ideas then don't read them.

Your right.

I shouldnt voice my opinion on this matter.

We wouldnt want a discussion to break out.

You would because Google bots would find them and archive them. As well as a number of other services. The internet is public. Get over it.

Nope. The bots follow links. If I didn't post links to the files, they would be left alone. I have files just like that on my website that haven't been found by the bots, and my site is getting referrer spammed and "botted" to death.

Someone (specific) linked to Matt's blog in the first few days it was back online. I assume that's how it was found by the bots.

You can have two jobs.

I don't mean he went to school to become a teacher; you don't have to have the stupid badge. ;)

He teaches us the left winged perspective of politics.

Young people are drowned by the right winged perspective.

I guess I'm trying to say he's the old wise wigwam teacher…. Man.

A speaker of peace and compassion as well.

ah, ok, i see

i dont really view it so much as 'teaching' as him just voicing his opinions but i guess i can understand how someone would feel that way

Search engines can't find things on their own. If sites are hosted on free servers or ones where site statistics are publically available then a search engine could locate it. But in MG's case, the link isn't listed anywhere except in the case of people linking to it on forums, journals, etc.

Wow even talking about his blog is causing arguments.

I can understand better why he would want to limit the ppl who see his stuff.

I agree w/ both sides though, I kinda understand that we shouldn't be reading it since he's obviously taken steps to limit who can see it and who cant.

But on the other hand I like reading his views and thoughts, quite often he points out something that I hadnt considered. When the blog was "taken down" I was dissapointed as I enjoyed reading. It sucks that I should be missing out cause of the annoying minority.

I did really want to get into this, and my getting into won't change anything, but hey, I'll have voiced my opinion and thats what counts.

I really disagree with the notion of "worthy fans" in the scenario that he decides to use username and passwords. I think that would almost be missing the point, I mean if he wants to inform people, which I gather he does, then why choose a small number of people to educate? It's kinda of funny you know. I'm in a young band and I've got a young blog and we want more hits, we want more fans and now Matt's in a position where he can limit his fan base? Its kinda funny in an angering sort of way.

If he's not getting viruses or anything from the nonsense posters, which seem to be eliminated anyway now, then I think he's got the chutspa (I think thast how its spelled, pronounced Hootspa) to take it and ignore it. In addition, the majority of the people posting on the site are really not saying "Fuck you matthew good, your a terrible person and your wife blah blah blah". Just put up a fake email on the site if thats the issue, anyone close to him should know his address by now (I don't), and anyone who has something worth saying can leave it in a comment.

I'm just repeating myself here. I don't know why I like Matt's Blog. Perhaps its knowing that someone does act and care and allows others to act and care and discuss. He creates the environment for enlightenment, and I value that environment, so it is important to me to have access to it, and if he decides to no longer provide that, well I can't blame him be cause there are so many other people that don't provide/create it, but on the other hand Matthew Good never was in the majority.

Too much in a post.

If I search for the words that are on the page though, they are found by the search engines.

Strangely, in particular, I've got a personal links page that I uploaded to my website to use when I'm not at my computer. It's been there a couple of years, and it contains links to probably fifty different sites (including a number of popular ones). To date, I've had a few admins click back to it via their referrer logs, but no grabs via bot or anything else.

Actually, if Matt wanted to stay off of Google (etc), he could add a "robots.txt" file to his site.

But I'm not sure using a universal password would be the best way to manage access. If someone got careless with the password, it'd be difficult to track back who it was. It looks like Blogger doesn't offer private blogs, either, so he'd probably have to set up some kind of access management thing.

I guess he could set up something like hosam, but without the without the whole "sticking the CD in the drive" thing. (Oooh... wouldn't that be awesome / a pain in the ass.)

Edited by uglyredhonda

I agree w/ both sides though, I kinda understand that we shouldn't be reading it since he's obviously taken steps to limit who can see it and who cant.

look, if he didn't want people to read it, it wouldn't be on the internet. the fact that it's out there means that sooner or later (sooner) someone will find it and let others know about it.

Perhaps (I don't know if anyone else has said this) Matt should do what the Hip did and have club stlye access to his blog. Put a card in your next album, like with Avalanche, with an access code to the blog. Any unruly posters whho do buy the disc and have access could have their priviledges removed and be denied access. If Matt is putting out a Greatest Hits package, he could do it then.

I'll repeat this again. We are not supposed to be reading this blog. Even if you do go there, look at the first post. We are uninvited visitors. Please, please, please delete this thread.

huh, there you go. not much of a secret then is it?

I'll repeat this again. We are not supposed to be reading this blog. Even if you do go there, look at the first post. We are uninvited visitors. Please, please, please delete this thread.

Of course we're supposed to be readin his blog, that's why it's on the damn internet. Why is this so hard to understand! People will find out and read, all he's asking is to keep it quiet as long as possible, which will no longer happen since people find it and post about it. If he didn't want people to read it, then it wouldn't be on the internet. Jesus, I feel like I've already posted this before, oh wait, I have.

Stop saying we're not supposed to read it, it's ridiculous!

Well this is kinda sad. I'm sad to see that this thread turned out this way. I feel the need to point a finger and blame somebody for opening their mouth a little too wide.

I'm sure, after Matt got back from Europe, he probably would have started making new posts in the original Mblog. I think the main purpose for his new blog was to get away from the regular for awhile and also have somewhere to blog his trip. The new mblog is/was very clean, respectful and personal. Hopefully now that we all know, it will still stay civil and under control. At least until he gets back home and has time to figure out the future for his blog.

This thread never should have became this large and I believe it should have been deleted immediately. A little too late for that as we all can see. So it doesn't matter anymore. Everyone knows.

Keep it respectful people...

Edited by howiepea