jennzebel

Discography

Ok....call me a late bloomer but upon recently combing over MGs discography I am amazed at the mountain of it...really...thats impressive esp b/c the majority of it is non-crap.

So the section of this site regarding MGs cd releases and lists of demos etc is a up to date/accurate acct of all thats out there...?

I was winmx'ing yesterday and came across a bunch of tunes Ive never heard....and one I wanted badly *Cant Get Shot in the Back...* I nearly peed myself.

post-2-1107200050.jpg

Yeah, it really is quite impressive the amount of stuff he's had released, considering mgb was never overly popular, and it's all pure quality.

I've nearly got my hands on all the released material (going to pick up LOTGA as soon as I can), and then I'll set to work on the demos.

The "Matthew Good Band" were really popular in Canada at one point actually.

Well, I know they were popular, but they weren't incredibly popular, and being popular in Canada doesn't really get you very far.

"Barenaked Ladies" went from big in Canada, to big in Canada, and Europe, and now big in Canada, Europe, U.S., etc.

The "Matthew Good Band" were really popular in Canada at one point actually.

Well, I know they were popular, but they weren't incredibly popular, and being popular in Canada doesn't really get you very far.

Yeah, going multi-platinum on back-to-back releases isn't popular at all. And as far as being big in Canada, why the hell should a Canadian band care if they're big anywhere else? Do German bands cry and pout if nobody on the otherside of the atlantic care about them? probably not.

yeah i tihnk overrall matt has sold north of 500,000 albums in canada??? thats not bad at all.

First off, 500,000 really isn't a whole lot by todays standards.

Second, LOTGA sold more than 500,000 and it was produced independently.

I'm an American and I would say that the Matthew Good Band were pretty fucking popular/successful in their short run. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron.