Gob

Arrested Development

This Week on Arrested Development:

Righteous Brothers

Due to shoddy plumbing on the model home, Michael must call an inspector to check out the house. But when he asks George, Sr. to vacate the attic so that he won’t have to cover for him, G.O.B. steps in to help and all hell breaks loose. Meanwhile, George Michael helps Ann 2.0 stage a boycott of the American version of Dangerous Liaisons and they inadvertently turn the movie into a bigger hit for Maeby. And when Michael asks Tobias to keep an eye on Kitty, their relationship begins to bloom, much to Lindsay’s dismay.

I heard that Fox is airing Arrested Development season 2 on Friday nights.

For those who are interested below are some great links to AD websites.

Balboa Observer-Picayune: An Arrested Development Fan Site

Get Arrested.com - Sign a Loyalty Oath to Arrested Development

Official Arrested Development Fox Site

Write Fox (Information on writing a strongly worded letter to FOX)

Free Annyong

Never Nude

P.S.

It's David Cross's birthday on April 14

post-21-1113265700.jpg

Edited by Gob

Some good quotes from the last episode:

Lindsay: No, how would you like it? Actually, that’s not a bad idea. I should turn the tables on men and see how they like being objectified. Men with low self-esteem. Get their clothes off.

Tobias: That is a great... (Grunts.) That is a great social statement. I shall get the video camera. This is ripe for parody. This is ripe

Buster: He just wants to see boys’ Linuses.

Phillip Litt: I didn’t see you at the convention.

Tobias: No, I was in Germany. I teleconferenced in.

Phillip Litt: Oh. Did you got to the seminar on chafing?

Tobias: Dr. Schoenweiss, yes.

Great season finale, really opens things up for season 3. I'd expect Season 2 to be released in early to mid summer. I think FOX wants to gage the sucess of Arrested Development on DVD sales.

I loved the last episode, some of Tobias's quotes were hilarious again. Wish I could remember the gay ones he made. There must have been 5.

I sure hope Maebe and George-Michael aren't actually related, if not that last scene would have been a little disturbing.

The CD was the best part though:

"It aint easy being white

It aint easy being brown

All this pressure to be bright

I got children all over town

...hey whered he go?"

Edited by british_steel

Here are some of my favourite quotes from the last episode of season 2.

G.O.B.: I can’t. I already lost a brother today.

Michael: Franklin?

G.O.B.: Well, I didn’t lose him, but he’s all puckered and white.

Michael: On the plus side, you can take him to lunch at the club now.

G.O.B.: That’s the exact kind of joke he would have loved!

Michael: I’m sorry, Tobias. Do you work here?

Tobias: Do I work...? I developed an eating disorder being your assistant, Michael.

Michael: I’ve never saw you at the desk.

Tobias: Well, excuse me if I was too busy on my knees in front of the toilet, Michael.

Tobias: Oh. Well, I see you wasted no time filling my seat hole.

Guest Bimbly

it would be a sin if this show was cancelled. its so funny and i think it could be "the next seinfeld" in that its offbeat and pretty non traditional.

"poof, goof of the year" was my favourite.

Many thanks Toadman, I really appreciate this.

Season 3 Going to Happen?

Laughs are sought in a comedy about a single woman who has a child through a sperm donor on the WB. This doesn't strike me as high hilarity, but with the production team of Brian Grazer and Ron Howard, this could potentially be another offbeat comedy in the style of Arrested Development. (For those who've been wondering, the show has been picked up for a third season).

Thats the first news I've heard that its going to be renewed. At Fox's Arrested Development site (here) it states several times on the webpage that Arrested Development "Returns this Summer". Now, it's not expected to have the third season filmed and cut for airing this summer but rather have a new timeslot (Fridays? or Wednesdays?) to reair the second season (possibly the first season too).

And finally, a picture from the season finale "Righteous Brothers". Notice how George Michael is tighly gripping the couch.

post-21-1114707233.jpg

Edited by Gob

It hasn't been renewed, obviously that's not a reputable source. The latest rumour going around is that it'll get picked up for 8 episodes (either to air in November in March) and if the ratings don't improve that'll be it. Frankly I don't buy it (8 episodes is not a common order). I think it'll probably get picked up for either 13 or 22, we'll find out at the upfronts in a couple weeks anyway.

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Arch...005/050513.html

Development Resurrected! At-Risk Househusbands Get Desperate! Amazing Dark Side Defeated!

by Kristin Veitch | May 13, 2005

Funny thing about being a husband in a show called Desperate Housewives--you can be killed off at any minute. This week, I had the lip-smackingly divine pleasure of meeting up with the men of Wisteria Lane, who told me they're all scared for their lives (and jobs). And word is, someone is going to die before the season ends next Sunday. Gulp.

Frankly, though--and no disrespect--I'm far more concerned about the fate of the sexiest--er, well, at the very least, funniest--men on television: the Bluth boys. So, sorry, Desperate hubbies, but we must get to them first.

Hallelujah! Arrested Development fans, brace yourselves. I have some good news and--well, you might want to sit down for this--some mind-blowing, earth-shattering, out-of-this-world fantastic news.

Earlier this week, a friend here at E! interviewed Jason Bateman at a charity event with his good friend Ben Stiller. When asked the status of Arrested Development, he lit up like a banana stand: "Actually, great. Supergreat. There is a heartbeat. There is no flatline. And there may be twins. I'm going to let Kristin figure out what that means. I can't comment any further, but there will be an announcement next week."

According to these insiders, even though the ratings weren't exactly American Idol numbers, Liguori, bless his perceptive little heart, has faith that the show will do well in a different time slot. He also wants to bring AD up to the magical episode number required for syndication and feels the show will do very well in repeats and also in DVD. Can I get a "Hell, yeah!"?

So they might be shooting two full seasons at once. Also NBC's The Office is also likely for a second season.

Edited by Gob

Apparently they decided to renew AD for 1 season, not 2. We'll find out on the 17th.

And The Office has been officially renewed for 13 episodes next season. Unfortunately Scrubs has now become a midseason replacement, meaning we may have to wait until March for new episodes.

This is an official press release from FOX. Notice how it doesn't mention a fourth season being shot.

FOX DOES MORE TIME WITH "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT," ORDERING A FULL THIRD SEASON

FOX gets ARRESTED again. The network has ordered a third full season of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, it was announced today by Peter Liguori, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

"ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT is one of the best comedies on television. The decision to order another season becomes easy when you consider its amazing cast, creative brilliance, critical acclaim and advertiser appeal," said Liguori. "It's my first official pick-up since taking the job, and I think it's a great way to start."

Pictured Below: Will Arnett, Tony Hale, and Jason Bateman as the Mexicans in 1927.

post-21-1116297381.jpg

So earlier today (around 10pm) I unexpectedly chipped my front tooth. There's about 1/3 taken off the side of the tooth, and it feels really wierd.

That's my GOB moment.