Gob

Arrested Development

On Feb 10th, they will air the 4 remaining episodes of the season (2 hours).

Also, though I don't have any links with me to back it up (so take it at face value). Since Fox reduces the number of episodes for this season, other networks are now able to try to pick it up (or something like that). And as of the last I heard, ABC is willing to give it a 13 episode season, while Showtime is willing to give two 13 episode seasons. Though my understanding of the situation is that due to the costs of the show (cause of such a large cast), A.D. on Showtime, would probably mean a reduction in the cast.

Here's a rundown of the last 4 episodes to air on Feb 10.

Fakin' It

Judge Reinhold guest stars as himself in this episode. He will preside the Bluths' mock trial. George-Michael and Maeby take part in a mock wedding. William Hung will perform at the Bluth family mock trial for the "Hung Jury.".

Family Ties

A woman named Michael takes part in a fitness competition. She is currently in fifth place and her self-confidence is starting to get lower. Tobias gives her a pep talk and offers to help her out. Michael and Lindsay are in attendance. There is still tension between Maeby and George-Michael. Maeby tries to calm things down by dressing less seductively. Michael hires a new secretary... someone who may have ties to the Bluths.

Exit Strategy

Gob goes to Iraq to perform his Christian magic act on the USO tour and ends up incarcerated. Michael learns George Sr. sent Gob to Iraq to burn down the model home he built there, so Michael and Buster fly to Iraq to spring Gob from prison. Together, the Bluth brothers head to the model home, where they make a discovery that could end the family's legal troubles forever.

Season Finale

The charges are dropped against the Bluths. Michael argues with his mother over their future. Lindsay is told life-changing information. Lucille decides to throw a yacht party to celebrate. The Bluths gather aboard the Queen Mary for a trip that ends up being far from smooth sailing.

SHOWTIME FOR THE BLUTHS?: Hmm, maybe the fat lady should shut her mouth and take a seat. The New York Post hears brand-new buzz that Showtime has not only picked up Fox's canceled Arrested Development but has ordered a full 26 episodes.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/60385.htm

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/...rmDate=02282006

Taste the happy.

It maybe just be my wild thinking but I believe that FOX really wants Arrested to do well on Showtime (at least for a season or two) just to get their episode count over 100 episodes. 100 episodes is considered to be the magic number at which point many television series produced for the U.S. are viable for syndication.

It is commonly said in the U.S. industry that "syndication is where the real money is" when producing a TV show. In other words, while the initial run of any particular television series may theoretically lose money for its producing studio, the ensuing syndication will generate enough profit to balance out any losses. Off-network syndication occurs when a network television show is syndicated in packages containing some or all episodes, and sold to as many television stations/markets as possible.

That's why I'm thinking that FOX is taken it's sweet time to hold negotations with Showtime and to announce the deal (which is said to be for 26 episodes) when it's the best time for the show.

Season 3 arrives on DVD June 13.

ADSWDS.jpg

Edited by Gob