favorite lyric on WLRRR

Well child there ain’t no worries

And child it ain’t no thing

Because this world’s too old to hate you

And too young to give up spring

~empty road

this whole cd has fantastic lyrics, like every mg(B) cd

* sniff * sniff *

Thats some deep stuff... i always find new stuff in the meaning of his lyrics though. Never really gets old. And when you know what he means you seem to appreciate the songs more.

I really like the lyrics on this album, but in my mind the b-side 'Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run' is perhaps the best song he's released recently. After listening to it two or three times, I was amazed that he didn't put it on the album. It should have been the hidden track or something with 'Hopeless' being song #13. The other b-sides aren't bad either ('Dusk' and 'Annabelle') but this song really shines.

I don't like picking favorite lyrics...

danimal, your very right about picking yup hidden meanings each listening... but I'm not sure that is the direct intent of Matt's music. When Matt wrote it, it had a meaning to him... the words he chooses are often to cryptic to clearly identify exactly want he was thinking about. Each time you listen to a song, you interpret what he meant based on your current feelings and experiences.

The best thing about Matt's music is that it always has some meaning, not like the rest of the watered down auditory diarrhea that currently dominates the music charts.

Peace

Im sure some other artists out there have meanings in their songs but i just havent found anyone quite like Matt Good. Matt is consistently giving songs that have meanings and intent.

I don't think "the words he chooses are often to cryptic to clearly identify exactly want he was thinking about"... they have a meaning and each of the songs means something to me, either just the words or the combination of words, music and voice... they provoke some feelings on me different from each of the songs