Having nothing to do the other day, I turned to my satellite radio to pass the time. Ordinarily I don't listen to the radio because songs and shows I like are just too few and far between. Anyways, while browsing the stations, I stopped on a song by Autopilot Off. Can't recall the title of the track but it sounded pretty decent. I figured I'd check this band out, so I download their full zipped discography. Of all the bands I've heard, there isn't one that has more songs that sound exactly the same as the next. Now I sorta hate them. Thanks alot, satellite radio.

The wonders of music piracy! Good thing you didn't go out and buy their CD...

The name Autopilot Off sounds kinda familiar, but all I listen to is The Bear, and they typically don't have anything even vaguely off the mainstream unless it's part of their required canadian content.

Edited by Sparq

listen to TRUSTcompany and you'll change your opinion.

I downloaded their album also, and yeah, it's true of them too.

I really do like piracy. I mean I do buy CD's if I actually like them, but I always download first just to make sure it'd be worth spending money on. So in this case, I like to think I dodged a bullet.

I refuse to call it music piracy. I call it a free sample. Most of the music I download, I wouldn't buy the CD in the first place. These artists are lucky I'm even giving their music a chance. As for the music I download and like... I go out and buy the CD. So it's a win-win situation for all parties involved.