Crusader

wlrrr album rankings

i live in the US as well and i've used www.cdplus.com to order all my matt good cd's. the prices are great and the delivery times are even better. I preordered WLRRR and it came in the mail one day before it came out in canada! if you're a US fan you gotta check it out if you don't have all the matt good cd's yet.

4th is good, beating avril would be better ;).

As for the chart differences: Vancouver and Toronto are on opposite ends of the country (if you didn't know... about 50 hours driving time... non-stop)

and the big difference to the radio play time chart is that the radio sux. Well it does in my area, I don't listen to it any more. I wonder if they have even played ASR once.

With the video, it's sweet. It must get a fair amount of play time on Much, 'cause I didn't even know about till my buddy told me that it was on Much... I don't watch Much because my brain can only strain so much $hit at one time.

Is the copy of the video on the site the original release (june 1st) or the re-release on june 4th... I assume that it was toned down? I hate censorship!! freedom of information, GPL, open source and such! B)

Peace

I'm from the states and I've been following Matt Good ever since I saw the video "Apparitions". I have all of the albums, and yes, It is very hard to keep up with him from here. I like the new album. It's definitly a rock album which I think is a good change for Mr. Good for this album. It's obvious that I think that maybe he is laughing on the inside cause a lot of the great songs of his, Avalanche for example, is over 5 minutes long, and this album has a lot of 2 minute songs. Which works on this album. Does anyone know if he will be releasing "Can't get Shot in the Back, If you Don't Run" on his next album? The first time I heard that song I was automatically hooked.

BTW: It is hard for people in the states to get a taste of Mr. Good. But everytime someone gets in my car, I make it a point to play some of Good's material, and automatically, they are like, Who is that? That is awesome? Keep up the good work Matt.

yeah, it is very difficult to keep up with Matt stuff if you are not in Canada... I thought that it would be easier in the States because you are neighboring countries, but i can see it is not ;)

ne ways, thanx to technology, thanx to the Internet, things can be solved and no matter how far you live, you can always keep up with Matt music anytime you feel like it

well i do remeber when beautiful midnight came out...M2 would play it along with radio stations..(hell i even found in a college bars jukebox)...but its never really marketed right. Beautiful midnight wa svery much a radio friendly cd as well as underdogs...but i just don't think it was pushed heavily or marketed right. Truth of the matter is that yes in fact a lot canadian bands do get respect down here in the US...even though you may hate those bands that come down here...like nickelback or OLP. Both those bands are consdiered sellouts...but they have gotten bigger down here. i mean big wreck was a million times more of a hit than MG was...i really think it has to do with the marketing.Maybe Matt should try getting some songs on movie soundtracks...attach himself to some ads...i know that may not sound like the greatest idea...but his fan base could grow that way...

It's slipped to #3 on Amazon, but that's still pretty good.

I have to make an off topic comment:

Crusader I just saw that your last played is Red Dwarf - Tongue Tied. Red Dwarf kicks ass!!!! (go BBC) B)

Peace

I see Matt's new album is down to #13 on the Canadian SoundScan charts. It will probably fall fast after a strong first week; I think that's what happened with 'Avalanche'. I also noticed that on amazon.ca, Matt's album is #5 and the new Tragically Hip album is #614. I thought the Tragically Hip was was this 'Canadian gem' as I have read recently in American music magazines? Why is their album selling so bad compared to Matt's or is that just on amazon where that's happening? I don't know about how well the Tragically Hip sell or are liked up there in Canada, so that's why I ask. I have one of their albums, 'Phantom Power', that I got at a garage sale for 50 cents, and it isn't bad.