I've seen Tool live 2 times, both right at the front hugging the rail and all I can say is that if you haven't, on their next tour hitchhike, steal, lie, camp out, walk, crawl...do whatever you can. You won't regret it. Supposedly their next album is gonna be the heaviest. I'm drooling as we speak.

tool...perfect circle...same difference...same high quality rock.

Hold up for a second, there is a huge difference between APC and Tool. I'm just too tired to explain myself right now.

p.s.- I love APC, best concert I've ever been to.

i didn't mean they were the same type of music in a negative way...i meant that if i hear a song with maynard singing i really could care less which band it is because the music is always going to fit his voice well....its a going to be deep, heavy, music. thats all.

maynard is quite the creative guy, his lyrics aren't always as meaningful as per se a matt good song but they are pretty good. my favourite line of the moment is from an apc song "Judith":

;) It's not like you killed someone / It's not like you drove a hateful spear into his side :angry:

one of my fav lines from an apc song is from 'the noose'

"i'm more than just a little curious how your planning to go about making your amends to the dead"

and also "your halo's slipping down...to choke you now"

i also think that '3 libras' is one of the most perfectly constructed songs ever written (not including MG's songs)

Orestes is pretty good too... I think that's the only song where we hear them say there band name. Not many bands do that eh?

And I don't wanna feel this overwhelming hostility

No, I don't wanna feel this world around me hostility

Kill it

Gotta cut away clear away

Snip away inside of this umbilical residue

Gotta cut away clear away

Snip away inside of this umbilical residue

Keeping me from killing you

Keeping me from killing you

and can't forget ;) One more medicated peaceful moment :angry: ... I love it.

those chicks in bikinis? yeah that was kinda messed up lol. the girls were hot though.

If I recall there was something about it on MuchMusic's little news thing with George... Apparently Maynard had worked with them before. They're called the "Bikini Bandits". I read somewhere that they appear at penny-arcade.com.

Lol that video was not like any other tool video I've seen and yes I know it's apc not tool but yeah...

They're called the Bikini Bandits. They're in a series of cult films, one of which is called The Bikini Bandits Experience, in which Maynard plays Satan. Actually it's just him with horns, a red face, and an S&M outfit...i know. Corey Feldman's in it too....so is DeeDee Ramone.

3 Libras is a superior song...I saw APC live 3 times and each time it's just as powerful to hear it.

bump?

rather than start a brand new thread, i just thought i'd use this one.

tool are being very "hush, hush" (no pun intended) when it comes to the current album that they're hard at work on. however, they did take the time to share some photos recently... here's a few:

adstudio2.jpg

adam, doing stuff.

QJ.jpg

QOTSA's josh homme for a visit. not guesting though. maynard.

jimbbq.jpg

"jim" on the BBQ. i can't make out what he's actually cooking though.

buzjim.jpg

the melvins' king buzzo (not guesting either) and maynard.

A1-DC.jpg

danny, doing stuff.

A1-joost.jpg

justin, doing stuff.

so it's apparent that they're doing stuff. doing more than just rehearsing nowadays, they're in the studio. but who knows when that stuff will be ready... i've heard some say fall 2005, but i wouldn't be suprised if it came later.