Like I told Christy that one time "Only Tool could make a cover of a Led Zepplin song better than the original." In regards to the slow version of "Pushit" I much prefer it to the album version on AEnema. And Maynard's Dick is just plain funny. Dick and fart jokes go far to win me over.

From http://toolshed.down.net

And last, Mario in Croatia writes that "Tool's booking agents have contacted all the biggest european promotors / festivals, and a tour is being booked for summer 2006." If this is the case, coupled with ongoing recording sessions, it means we should expect a Tool record before then. (Amusingly, the first news post ever to The Tool Page intoned presciently "maybe in the spring.")

From http://toolshed.down.net

And last, Mario in Croatia writes that "Tool's booking agents have contacted all the biggest european promotors / festivals, and a tour is being booked for summer 2006." If this is the case, coupled with ongoing recording sessions, it means we should expect a Tool record before then. (Amusingly, the first news post ever to The Tool Page intoned presciently "maybe in the spring.")

that sounds awesome! man i can't wait to see them live again. they were the first concert i ever went to, so i hold a dear place for them in my heart.

and i also agree that salival is quite the CD, even if it was slapped together just to hold people over between disks. you gotta wonder though, what other kind of rarities and b-sides do they have locked away from us?

New Tool is always good.

I heard awhile back it is going to be there heaviest work since Aenima, which is fine by me.

heavier than undertow? that'd be sweet

as for b-sides, well, most of them aren't originals, but still fucking awesome.

also, i am drunk

Edited by saturnine

Did anyone pick up the DVD releases of Schism and Parabola which came out a few weeks ago? I'm trying to decide if they're worth getting. The video's are great and all but unless there is some nice chunk of bonus features, I don't think I'll be purchasing them anytime soon.

Those of you who purchased the DVD singles for Schism and/or Parabol(a) will have noticed an orange sticker affixed to the packaging announcing that TOOL would be releasing a new record sometime in the Spring of 2006. From all indications, this is where things still stand