Maybe I'm just crazy, but does anyone else see the similarities between Maynard and Matt Good?

Yes, their music falls on different ends of the rock spectrum; however as people I find the similarities obvious. Both are known for their sarcasm. Both speak up against the "norms" of society.

I'm not sure, Tool is one of my favourite bands. In fact, it was my first love before MG. Their sound is like no other.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but does anyone else see the similarities between Maynard and Matt Good?

Yes, their music falls on different ends of the rock spectrum; however as people I find the similarities obvious. Both are known for their sarcasm. Both speak up against the "norms" of society.

I'm not sure, Tool is one of my favourite bands. In fact, it was my first love before MG. Their sound is like no other.

i think it's time for your meds

Yes, their music falls on different ends of the rock spectrum; however as people I find the similarities obvious.  Both are known for their sarcasm.  Both speak up against the "norms" of society. 

I'm not sure, Tool is one of my favourite bands.  In fact, it was my first love before MG.  Their sound is like no other.

that's what a lot of artists do man. lets compare maynard to damon albarn then. they both record what they sing into microphones of variable sizes. they dont like america too much. last time i checked, they both wear pants, unless you're talking about maynard while he was touring aenima... thats another story.

also, why did you put the word norms in quotes?

Edited by borntohula

*backs away slowly*

i got nothing.

Tool sold out instantly for Toronto because the Hummingbird Centre's fan club (circle of friends) had pre-sale tickets available two days prior to the official sale date.

i like it. i've only listenned to it once so far. it needs many more before i can wrap my brain around it.

that's very true for tool... it gets better the more you hear it.

i like it. i've only listenned to it once so far. it needs many more before i can wrap my brain around it.

i'm two songs in, and i'm not yet disappointed

i guess they could lose me somewhere, we'll find out

It is AWESOME! I bought it A & B Sound for $9.99 and have been listening to it all day. I have to say that Wings for Marie pt 1 and 10,000 days (Wings pt. 2) are strikingly beautiful, haunting and just plain awesome. Has to be my favourite part of the album. But all the others are great except for the last one, well, since it's really not a song, but it's just annoying.

i dunno what is with all the bashing of this album i've seen elsewhere..

i don't think it sounds like lateralus re-visited, i don't think it sounds like undertow, i don't think the songs are boring or too long, i just think it sounds like tool and holy fuck they are good at doing what they do. i don't feel cheated that i waited forever for it and i am not the least bit disappointed, and i'm not even gonna bitch about the alex grey artwork because you know what, it's fucking tool, man.

those glasses make my eyes crazy though, i need drugs.

People are saying that it sounds like Lateralus and Undertow? NO WAY! It sounds like fresh, new Tool. I think the artwork is AWESOME! I love the 3D booklet and the glasses, even though they do hurt my eyes aswell. It was totally worth the wait. People should just shut the fuck up when it comes to bashing Tool. They'll never come across an album of this quality for awhile--until the next Tool album comes out.