thefutureisxrated

What's Going On With The Mblog?

I'm going to have to agree that at first there seems to be a bit of an over-reaction on the part of the Good's. From what I hear, the person who posted negatively was quite civil, however I didn't see the original comments so I don't know. But to write a letter to Amnesty? That's just malicious and pretty immature. Surely there was a better way to handle and for that I can understand the Good's being upset.

To me, that's like telling teacher.

And also, she's taken something that the Good's feel strongly about and were doing to act as a positive influence in the world, and she went and threw it in their face. I know if I'm trying to do something nice and someone throws it back at me, it really pisses me off.

So after all is said and done, I don't think they over-reacted. And the person in question who started this all should find something better to do, and she should do it on her own webspace.

Don't even start this shit, that guy is ignorant plain and simple as is half that board. I could go read the rest of the forum if I wanted to, but that thread just left a bad taste in my mouth?

So what you're saying is, you didn't really want to know any details about JM, and you wanted to badmouth him all the same because your infinitely superior mind powers tell you he is ignorant, and reading the "rest of the forum" would just be a waste of your time.

How 'bout this: if you have an instant distaste for someone, don't read his posts, but keep your miraculous revelations about his character, based on reading one thread, to yourself.

No, i'm quite rather saying that it is to judge the character of a person from what they say and do.

If you're superiority complex can wrap around that thought instead of firing off something that's supposed to make me feel bar or whatever you're shooting for.

Sweet Christmas! What is with the poor use of grammer and the English language? For the love of Mike, it takes 30 seconds to preview your message before you post it. I wanted to post a comment here, but the topic is beyond idiocy, so that's all I have to say about that. LOL. Play nice in the sandbox kiddies.

-Troy-

Initial Comment:

Someone fill me in on who this Jaded Monkey fuck is?

First response:

Don't even start this shit, that guy is ignorant plain and simple as is half that board. I could go read the rest of the forum if I wanted to, but that thread just left a bad taste in my mouth?

Second response:

...i'm quite rather saying that it is to judge the character of a person from what they say and do.

So where again in the first two comments is this sentiment that I missed due to my superiority complex?

Edited by summerbronze

Personally, I don't understand why some of these people still give Matt attention if they don't care for him or his music.

If you don't like him or his music, just ignore him and find something else to read and/or listen to.

It's because they are dorks.

Yeah, Jaded Monkey isn't the problem here. He's really not bad and when he did post on Jenny's blog is was very civil and intellignet. I've been involved in debates with him before and he's good.

I have to say that I never participated in the Metro when Matt was on so I'm not an expert on it. But I think Matt got very defensive very fast and some people decided to really provoke him to get a funny response. So I think maybe Matt is extra sensitive to that kind of criticism.

I think what happened yesterday is a good reason to get pissed off because it really was a disrespectful and very hurtful thing to do. But I don't think he and Jenny are handling it very well. If anything, stay strong and carry on. It's depressing to read the blogs right now and it really is a little childish and a little much.

I really hate to criticize them, not really knowing them or where their heads are. And I've always been one to defend them and say "You don't thow them." but this time it's just too much. I may not know them but I know the situation and I know how I would react. I'd shake it off and keep going.

If you read this Matt, shake it off and keep going! You're better than that, I know it.

aww, aren't you kids cute?

yes, it was an over-reaction on both parts. but matty is a big boy and needs to learn that because of his position he needs to watch what he says. the delete button only gets rid of the posts. doesn't do anything for the backlash.

personally, i don't necessarily think that someone who enjoys fighting with teenagers and belittling others on the internet is a great spokesperson for a human rights charity, but hey, maybe that's just me. and yes, i know he's done great work for Amnesty, yadda yadda ya. but at a certain point you just have to grow up and let it be. maybe this will help him with that.

and for the record, i like his music and i used to admire him for being vocal about causes he believes in. can't say i have much respect for him now, though, with the way this has dissolved into some childish display of "woe is me".

i say kids because most people over the age of say, 18, have already pretty much figured out that matt makes decent music, but isn't necessarily the greatest guy to look up to. i see a whole lot of "OMG matt good is so awesome and i look up to him so much and he's sooooooo smart and i like everything that he likes" on here. a lot more than i've seen anywhere else.

and yes, this is a place to talk specifically about his music so i understand that most people here are going to have a big mg boner going on. i used to be like that, too. then i realized that he's human, makes a lot of mistakes and isn't necessarily the god that so many make him out to be.

i say kids because most people over the age of say, 18, have already pretty much figured out that matt makes decent music, but isn't necessarily the greatest guy to look up to. i see a whole lot of "OMG matt good is so awesome and i look up to him so much and he's sooooooo smart and i like everything that he likes" on here. a lot more than i've seen anywhere else.

and yes, this is a place to talk specifically about his music so i understand that most people here are going to have a big mg boner going on. i used to be like that, too. then i realized that he's human, makes a lot of mistakes and isn't necessarily the god that so many make him out to be.

That's fine.

It just bugs me when people come here and make fun of people for their age, or they make fun of their comments because they're young. I'm older than most people here, and yes I do see an age difference, but I can still chat with everyone on an equal level.

And yeah, Matt is definitely human. I don't see a lot of people calling him a god on this board. The only time I see that term used is when people put words in other's mouths. Just because some people agree with his ideas doesn't automatically mean that they worship him and suck up to everything he does.

And I think you bunny is really cute.

yes, it was an over-reaction on both parts. but matty is a big boy and needs to learn that because of his position he needs to watch what he says. the delete button only gets rid of the posts. doesn't do anything for the backlash.

personally, i don't necessarily think that someone who enjoys fighting with teenagers and belittling others on the internet is a great spokesperson for a human rights charity, but hey, maybe that's just me. and yes, i know he's done great work for Amnesty, yadda yadda ya. but at a certain point you just have to grow up and let it be. maybe this will help him with that.

and for the record, i like his music and i used to admire him for being vocal about causes he believes in. can't say i have much respect for him now, though, with the way this has dissolved into some childish display of "woe is me".

I'm with you there...Love the music and initially enjoyed the Blog in a big way, just chose to ignore the whiney bits that popped up but after this week...I swear to gawd so much integrity's been lost im no longer visiting either blog....I was there and saw the rebetsy comments...she was making comments regarding her opinion on the ads...it really was not a big deal until M and J reacted as they did...then the *fans* jumped in to lick their asses (no offense to fans, im one too but its pathetic to read ppl blindly stick up 4 them like they were). Now its all hissy fits and oh woe is me crap that I refuse to spend my time sifting through....if i dont dettach now it will end up making me feel different about the music I fear...so...no more Blog for me...flame me all you like...those 2 are attention seekers and need to deal with it with a new perspective....and really ...who the fuck travels to europe and spends that much time online fighting with strangers?? I do not pretend to understand...nor do I care...plz address all your comments to [email protected]