thefutureisxrated

What's Going On With The Mblog?

I dont think its simply just the comments that got M and J all worked up, but the fact that the person actually wrote a letter to Amnesty saying that Matt supported the Objectification of Women.

it was the trophy wife comment first....they freaked over that....then went kookoo for cocopuffs over the PETA ad remark that sparked a whole other pile of crap to sift through....both ppl had opinions, they voiced them and were shut down. The letter is extreme...I admit...it wouldnt occur to me to bother going that far but I understand her point.

I dont think its simply just the comments that got M and J all worked up, but the fact that the person actually wrote a letter to Amnesty saying that Matt supported the Objectification of Women.

She didn't.

She has said that her letter to amnesty concerned his conduct to those of differing opinions over the internet.

I remember her trying to clarify this more clearly in her blog, but at this time her blog doesn't seem to be available for public viewing anymore.

Theirs always going to be someone that doesn't like you or won’t agree with you. It's sad that people have to hate one another or can't accept opinions both ways. Some people aren’t really sincere about what they are saying or who they are on the internet.

Everything is supposed to be this one big joke. The internet has become one of my largest social things I do, after I got ill. I don’t go to school, I don’t go out, and rarely people visit. I’ve missed a lot of social society and I really don’t know who the hell is joking on the internet and who isn’t.

Was there some joke I wasn’t told? Or someone forgot to call me up and tell me it?

All this crap really wears thin. I don’t even feel like moderating this board anymore because of it. Everything’s so dramatic and it seems like everyone is out to get the other.

Is this what it’s like to talk to different people, face to face? No. I’d rather be doing that with anyone right now instead of talking to people on the internet. I feel like I’m fighting for a lost cause here as a mod. I don’t really get any great feeling anymore because the job doesn’t pay or have any feed back to what I’m fighting for.

What did I miss in the beginning of MG message boarding?

If you don't agree with Matt, then you obviously aren't a true fan.

oh thats rich...so if he decided to beat his wife and smoke crack a true fan would condone it just because he put out some good records? you are a lemming.

Yeah, that's a silly idea.

I agree that Matt and Jen may have overreacted, but reading the comments on her blog. What the fuck people? A lot were anonymous, but Scot was their too. Talk about childish and immature. I can see why they'd be pissed. If it was anyone here or anyone reading this, keep your stupid comments to yourself asshole.

I really can't tell if you're serious or not. His blog has to do with his political beliefs, not necessarily his art. One can still like his music but respectfully disagree with his ideas.

I think you're more of a fan if you can think for yourself.

I agree that Matt and Jen may have overreacted, but reading the comments on her blog. What the fuck people? A lot were anonymous, but Scot was their too. Talk about childish and immature. I can see why they'd be pissed. If it was anyone here or anyone reading this, keep your stupid comments to yourself asshole.

My opinion only. I don't think they overreacted at all. Especially in the case of Jen. Her blog was great. At the time of the hate fest all her blog was, was mainly a diary of the fun they were having over in Europe. Then the fur thing gets posted, letters to Amnesty get sent off and all hell breaks lose. I can see why she shut down her blog, albeit temporary.

Actually re-reading your quote. With the exception of the first sentence, we are in 110% totally agreeance.

Edited by Fenix99

If you don't agree with Matt, then you obviously aren't a true fan.

So if your friend gets into an argument with somebody and you don't agree with your friend's position in the argument, you shouldn't disagree because you aren't a true friend? Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life, son.

I don't see why Matt should be the one to back down and take it like a man. Why is the responsibility not on those who provoke? Especially on Jenns blog, the 66+ comments of sheer idiocy run rampant were just too much. Easily the most blatant proof for what Matt has said about the internet and a grand majority of the users of a certain age group. And its no coincidence that the majority of the idiocy on the net is put there by that age group. Theres tonnes of other artists and random people, who have message boards and blogs, that have the same opinion of the internet, the people using the internet, the music industry, iraq anything. Why not hunt them down and fuck around on their blogs too?

Maybe people just come home after a day of being forced to act mature and hop on the computer and let out all that penned up energy. Too much misdirected time. Atleast all the time Matt spent on the net was bringing some good articles to light.

And cut the shit with the "true fan" comments. You could know the words to all his songs, have bought all the shit universal took most profit from anyways, and not have 'failing the roarschach test' mean a tenth of what it means to someone who downloaded some bad quality version of it.

But of course, all these analyses, rebuttles and oh so awe-inspiring comments are futile.

Edited by jared

I don't see why Matt should be the one to back down and take it like a man. Why is the responsibility not on those who provoke?

because matt has a thing for acting like he's above all this kind of stuff. when really, a lot of the time, he goes along with it and encourages people to continue on with the attacks.

listen, i feel bad for the guy, cause 90% of the crap he receives he doesn't deserve. and i do think that people should perhaps calm the fuck down and quit trying to get him to argue just so they can say "oh, i pissed off matt good today on the internet". i agree with you there.

the problem is, the people who attack him are not in the same position of power as he is. the people who attack him are basically still kids, looking for any sort of attention. doesn't make it right, of course, but there you have it. they do it because he responds. because it so obviously bothers him. like it or not, the responsibility is on him because he is famous. if you don't want to have a history of fighting with kids on the internet following you around, don't do it. no one cares if some random kid in someone's basement decides to log on and stir up some shit. plenty more care if matt runs around calling people names cause he doesn't like what they said.

and now, this is what happens when you have years of people trying to get him to fight, then one person tries to have a civil discussion with his wife, which turns into some big blown out of proportion battle. then of course you have letters being fired off to amnesty, and a whole army of mg supporters getting up to defend the man.

by writing an online journal and making it public, you are opening up yourself to comments from others, whether you like their opinions or not. i've got my own journal on LJ, and i've only had problems with people trolling it once (i'm not some fancy famous rock star, though). it's pretty easy to set the comments feature to friends only, and to ban users if they're being jerks. perhaps matt should look into this.

His blog is an extension of his art. If you don't like it, you are not a true fan.

I just once again want to point out the sheer idiocy of this comment.

And it's too bad things have worked out the way they have. I enjoyed Matt's blog, and was enjoying Jen's account of the trip. But I think maybe it's best if they just take a break and enjoy their trip. Maybe the assholes will go find something better to do. Like put their energy towards something meaningful.

So I just went to go read the blog, and its gone/down whatever. Did he move it? or is it gone gone?

I'm sad now ;)

i checked it today as well and it IS gone....aah! it was so good. He was being all 'angsty' and poetic (i guess is the word)...manifesto-like...i really appreciate those aspects of his rantings...i wonder what made him do it this time?