laser30

Yet Again It Looks Like The Mblog Is Going Down

Allright so today Matt made more angry posts and thanks to some asshole, even shut down Jen's site which this asshole should be found and put on trial after that new banner she put up. Matt has also said hes resigning his position from Amnesty, so how long until Matt becomes a total hermit?

It's what we call beating someone to the punch. Someone tells him he's not suited for the position, and they say they'd rather you not be there you say, "HA! Jokes on you! I quit!"

That's what I said...

It's like someone [who I talk to over the Internet...] telling me I suck at my job, and they they wrote the business saying I shouldn't be there. Then me turning around and saying I quit.

Where's the logic?

Well I think there is a difference between a job and reperenting a charitable orginastion in your free time.

At my last job I had 3 (that I know about) calls to head office complaining about me, but I didnt quit cause I didnt care, and they didnt fire me cause I made tons of money for them.

But for charities bad press is killer, cause they depend on donitions for all the operating budget. So when a celebraty begins to draw bad press for them its kinda a huge thing

One emotional letter from an individual griping on things said in a deleted blog's comments string isn't going to threaten Matt's credibility with Amnesty. He needs to sleep it off.

I don't think it's about the actual credibility of the complaint. While JM's suggested motive of dissociating from AI is certainly plausible, there is another one.

It's also possible he felt if even one person objected to his public assocation with AI, regardless of their reasons for thinking so, than for the sake of the association he should no longer be publicly connected to them.

You're a fool if you think one person in a sea of many thinking he shouldn't be there is more harm than good.

As gay as it is, I saw one twit on the blog saying she didn't know about AI until Matt soap boxed about it.

Matt's being an idiot. If he thinks Amnesty is better off without him he's wrong. For that matter, if the person in question thinks Amnesty is better off without him she's wrong too. Drama queen behaviour on all sides. Bad press? Are you kidding me? One person on the internet throwing a tantrum is not bad press. The incident in question didn't even involve Amnesty.

It's being blown out of proportion. I didn't say all he was bringing was negative publicity; I said if he was doing more harm then good, he'd be willing to step back.

I don't think he is. I don't know if he thinks he is. I don't know anything; I'm just wasting air.

Edited by MakesYouAWeapon

It may have been their intention, but I think many will respond to this with disdain.

The impression one could get is that by leaving comments wide open, and stating "I'm tired of the beginning of the end. Let's get to the good bit", they are intending to provoke idiocy and misuse of the comments privelege as an excuse to give up any interpersonal involvement with the public and fans.

I'm having a difficult time interpreting it any other way to be honest. I feel like I can see right through the guise of "giving everyone another chance" and all I see is "We don't feel like being involved anymore so we dare you all to say stupid things so that we can later have a great excuse to blame the failure of the blogs on you and not us."

If anyone can give me a more optimistic interpretation I'd be grateful because I didn't want to develop such a negative view of recent actions.

Unfortunately that's exactly what it is.

I hope they just enjoy the trip and take a break. Matt can fight the good fight when he gets back and has had some time to relax. Everyone really needs to find something else to think about.

Ah, finally we get Summerbronze on the dark side. Welcome!

I reached a fine line. Everyone has their breaking point. I must say it's refreshing not to feel obligated to search for an excuse just to be able to continue looking at something or someone a certain way.

The dark side is unfortunately the most realistic side.