jmp

Matthew Good Wikipedia Article

An encyclopedia should stick to the facts. Matt didn't take his Blog down due to any other reason, right?

But that wording's not "factual" - it's harsh to both Matt and the kids. (Even if they both might deserve it.) If you were doing it for an objective article, the most accurate description would be something like:

"Good took down his blog in January of 2005 after struggling with dissenting opinions posted in the comments section of his entries. A later private blog was removed the next month following similar incidents on his wife's blog."

Note the wording. It neither condones nor criticizes either Matt or the people who posted those comments. It simply says what happened. (Sorry if that sounds kinda "know-it-all"-ish.)

Worth adding? I don't think so. Most of the blog drama reads like gossip, completely unnecessary to the general audience looking for information about Matt.

But don't you think it'll save all the naive people from asking what happened to the blog on here or any other board?

Such posters often get flamed badly for that kind of stuff.

But don't you think it'll save all the naive people from asking what happened to the blog on here or any other board?

Such posters often get flamed badly for that kind of stuff.

Yeah, you're probably right. I kept thinking about it and thinking about it, and added what's there. (Me = ChrisB.)

Holy crap I didn't know people could edit.

I use that site for research papers...

You know, honestly, it's not a bad place to start for papers. Most serious articles have enough users who care about accuracy to keep the losers in line. The main flaw is with subjects where only one person cares and writes something that fits their own agenda.

Thanks, Anton!

Yeah, you're probably right.  I kept thinking about it and thinking about it, and added what's there.

I thought it was funny - I waited until today to mention that I'd added that bit to the article, then Matt brings back his blog, rendering it useless. Good to see the blog back, though.

Edited by uglyredhonda

I was taught to never use the internet for research papers.

Unfortunately there exists topics where the only resource is the internet. Either the information is not in print, or changes to rapidly for any print material to be accurate.

Peace

Hey guys,

I've done a fair bit of work on Matt's wikipedia page over the years and I've recently added a few miscelleaneous things to his album pages (I'm not finished, mind you). There's a lot I fear might get deleted because it doesn't have a reference (mostly since the reference interviews, sites, etc. no longer exist on the net). I think there's a lot of interesting information that most fans don't know about because they haven't been around since the beginning and it might be useful to put it all together onto a Matthew Good wiki (I don't mean to offend, Crusader, but the site is severely lacking in information that doesn't pertain to Matt's upcoming album).

I'd like to encourage people to add what they can to wikipedia... I think in Matts 15 year career there should be a better and longer biography on the main page, and there should be a bit more about each individual album (writing, recording, promotion processes.. as well as the impact the albums had on the fans and the band). Whadderyer people think?

Hey guys,

I've done a fair bit of work on Matt's wikipedia page over the years and I've recently added a few miscelleaneous things to his album pages (I'm not finished, mind you). There's a lot I fear might get deleted because it doesn't have a reference (mostly since the reference interviews, sites, etc. no longer exist on the net). I think there's a lot of interesting information that most fans don't know about because they haven't been around since the beginning and it might be useful to put it all together onto a Matthew Good wiki (I don't mean to offend, Crusader, but the site is severely lacking in information that doesn't pertain to Matt's upcoming album).

I'd like to encourage people to add what they can to wikipedia... I think in Matts 15 year career there should be a better and longer biography on the main page, and there should be a bit more about each individual album (writing, recording, promotion processes.. as well as the impact the albums had on the fans and the band). Whadderyer people think?

here is my thread on dave genn's pedal board for "the audio of being"

http://www.nearfantastica.com/bored/index....dave+genn+pedal

the pic might be worth linking, it is from the much music special on the making of the album.

Hey guys,

I agree. That would be great to have some extensive information on Matt and his career.