HoboFactory

New 30 Seconds To Mars Album Announced

Jared was also on "My So-Called Life"

I saw 30STM when they played a MTV University Crawl accross Canada (/w IME, Billy Talent, Peppersands). And they put on a pretty sweet set from what I remember. I just hope that the next record doesn't revolve so much about space.

30 Seconds To Mars Make 39 Minute Disc

The group formed by multi-talented celebrity Jared Leto have been working around the world on their new album, which will be out this summer.

30 Seconds To Mars finished up their second record, A Beautiful Lie, which will be in stores August 16. The disc took them two years to record and was produced by Josh Abraham who worked with Velvet Revolver on their debut album. The first single, "Attack," is expected later this spring.

According to Billboard.com, there are only 39 minutes of music on the disc, but the making of it took them to Los Angeles, New York and even South Africa.

In a message on the band’s website, they said this about the making of the new album:

"We’ve put endless days and nights shedding buckets of blood, sweat and tears… We’ve traveled to four different continents, five different countries, seven different studios and many more fucked up places inside ourselves during the making of this record."

Leto — the singer and guitarist of the four-piece band — been working on two movies this year, Awake and Lord Of War. He's also dating Scarlett Johansson, to the jealousy of everyone, everywhere.

30 Seconds To Mars’ self-titled debut hit shelves and Billboard charts in 2003, making it to #1 on the Heatseekers chart and #107 on the Billboard 200.

—Stephanie Joudrey @ www.chartattack.com

August 16? That's too long away from now.

but I'm sure that some people would say that drunken college guys going out to bars and buying a girl drinks all night just so he can take her home for 2 minutes of disappointing sex may also be a lot of work for almost nothing

but I'm sure that some people would say that drunken college guys going out to bars and buying a girl drinks all night just so he can take her home for 2 minutes of disappointing sex may also be a lot of work for almost nothing

it would be

does recording in different countries make for a better album?

You see, actually the farther you go from where most of the fans are located, the better the album will be. For example if I were to go to Bhutan and sing in the shower for half an hour, it'd hit platinum status in the USA.

maybe they were banished from the united states. and south africa, upon realizing they got a shitty deal and that 30 seconds from mars were NOT spacerock, they banished them as well. then jared leto looked cross eyed at a microphone for a bit and bam, album.

i didnt mind them when they first came out. but then again, i was in grade 10 or 11 and grade 10s or 11s aren't known for being incredible at guaging good music.

Edited by borntohula

does recording in different countries make for a better album?

You see, actually the farther you go from where most of the fans are located, the better the album will be. For example if I were to go to Bhutan and sing in the shower for half an hour, it'd hit platinum status in the USA.

well, i know i would buy that.

i'm lying though, and i have to go google bhutan now because

i have never heard of it before

I want to go there right bad, but it only lets a set number of tourists in each year... it's a very remote country. I want to live in their mountians.

Seems to me they were in the news for something recently...

He said, "Can you hear me, are you sleeping"

She said, "Will you rape me now?"

He said, "Leave the politics to mad men"

She said, "I believe your lies"

He said, "There’s a paradise beneath me"(this is the life on mars)

She said, "Am I supposed to bleed?"(this is the life on mars)

He said, "You better pray to Jesus"(this is the life on mars)

She said, "I don’t believe in God"(this is the life on mars)