pearanoid

Target: Iran

You think Morth Korea should have in invaded long ago? And by who? And on humanitarian grounds? Do have any idea what kind of humanitarian crisis and invasion would cause?

The UN is trying to talk with North Korea. That's the best way to do it. Even if they don't have nuclear weapons, they still have enough weapons to seriously harm their invaders, themselves, and neighbouring countires. That's a really bad idea.

Edited by pearanoid

You think Morth Korea should have in invaded long ago? And by who? And on humanitarian grounds? Do have any idea what kind of humanitarian crisis and invasion would cause?

The UN is trying to talk with North Korea. That's the best way to do it. Even if they don't have nuclear weapons, they still have enough weapons to seriously harm their invaders, themselves, and neighbouring countires. That's a really bad idea.

Invaded by the UN or, barring that, a coalition of countries that care about protecting individuals whose governments' oppress and starve them. International food aid is diverted directly to the military and political elite. The number dying annually in that country warrants military force to remove the government.

The world has been talking to North Korea for over 50 years. Nothing will come out of the current six-party round of talks, as in past negotiations.

Chamberlain found "peace in our time" talking to Hitler, remember? Lives were saved. ;)

If we're really concerned about saving lives and feeding the hungry, we should turn our attention to Africa. If would take a lot less money, effort and military force.

I don't think any country has the "right" to be invaded. The government may be bad, but that doesn't always reflect the citizens. And some of them may have it bad, but I don't think an invasion would help that.

Not to be typical, but check out Iraq. It's seriously bad.

The one way that Kim Jong-Il could be taken out of power is by opening trade with other countries. Think about it - where civilians will be able to see some of what's going on in the rest of the world, his rule will be greatly undermined.

Also, the six-party talks going on right now are pretty much a time-filler while Bush thinks about what to do. Clinton managed to get something done by having inspectors and surveillance of their energy program, and since then, it's deteriorated.

I agree. Bush and North Korea are being very stubborn about the talks.

I still don't know how much power the citizens could have over that government. I think they need to just get back to talking, which China is working on. As long as no one says or does anything stupid in the next few days, hopefully it will turn out well.

And I don't know if they really have nuclear weapons or not, but if there's one thing Team America taught me it's that Kim Jong-Il is crazy, man!