Crusader

Your Questions For Mg

Why was that guy at the first 2004 Ottawa show trying to impress your wife with a flashlight?

What kind of beer do you drink?

Was all that pizza the security guy kept getting for you and your band?

these are probably obvious and already asked, but:

-Do you plan on doing anything further with jack pillowhead, or just the current free releases?

-Are there any plans for a live or a b-sides album? Or perhaps a double live AND b-sides ablum?

-If you could pick 3 band to tour with, who would they be? (or alternately, what bands are you into right now?)

1. Matt, I am a huge fan of your acoustic/folk songs (“Dancing Invisible,” “Heather’s Like Sunday,” “The Fine Art of Falling Apart”). Have you ever put thought into recording/releasing a solo acoustic album or the possibility of doing a small tour?

2. Who were you main inspirations (prose writers/poets/songwriters) when you began to write lyrics?

3. In you career, how significant were the recording of “Euphony” and“15 Hours on a September Thursday,” and what do those group of songs mean to you today?

4. How do you/Universal Canada go about selecting which tracks off your records will be released as singles?

5. Has your life/health/voice changed since the time you quite smoking cigarettes?

Cheers,

Kitch_Man

Edited by Kitch_Man

"Do you plan on maintaining the rate at which you have been releasing your work? Is it becoming a strain?"

"Are there plans for a live DVD?"

"How important is commercial success to you when you are making music? Does it influence decisions when you are creating?"

"Do you consider fan reaction when writing new music? I am aware that some artists who are afraid of losing their fanbase will keep to familiar ground when creating music. Has there ever been a time when you've wanted to go left-field but changed your mind, or played it safe, instead?"

"Will you condsider using a club card style fan club system similar to the Tragically Hip's Hip Club, or to HOSAM, that would allow fans access to your blog?"

and from Janelle:

"Will you ever cover Paul McCartney's 'Wonderful Christmastime', please?"

Edited by CaptainRocket

Ok I got an interesting one.

Awhile ago on your blog, you posted a picture of a painting you had painted years ago. Would you evern consider painting your next album cover?

And

You're three favourite peices of musical equipment you have.

matt, how much of a kick in the nuts would it be if you didn't answer any of these questions and left us all here to look like jackasses while you party it up in europe with your wife and leave us to verbally masturate on a messageboard devoted almost entirely to you?

"is there any reason why you are amused by releasing limited edition albums (loser anthems, lo-fi b-sides) , knowing that they will be worth a bunch within a few years of release.?"

"What musician(s) (other than yourself) do you like hanging out with the most?"

matt, how much of a kick in the nuts would it be if you didn't answer any of these questions and left us all here to look like jackasses while you party it up in europe with your wife and leave us to verbally masturate on a messageboard devoted almost entirely to you?

Hahaha. I like this one.

"You released Avalanche in Australia, was there any reasons behind why you did not come over and promote/support it?"

I think even I can answer that one.

Matt canned a small little stint in the US this year because it would cost too much money, so I'm pretty sure it's not feesable

Question for Mr. Matt

Why are some people rude assholes toward you,

do you think it stems from jealousy or mental retardation,

or both?

Do you have an interest in becoming a prominent political figure in the future?

How did you come to be such a lyrical genius?

This isn't a question but tell him this..

You're music is an inspiration to so much in life and the meanings behind your lyrics are endless. Thank you so much for your incredible music. Your music extends far beyond the music itself. Its depth reaches further than any other musician around. I speak for many when I say thank you. Thank you for the blood, sweat and tears you've put in over the years. Thank you for making music and good luck with future plans! Your fans are behind you all the way.

*im not a suck up.. i just love his music.. love isnt even a strong enough word hehehehe*