Crusader

Your Questions For Mg

1. Are there any song(s) in your musical calalogue that you consider to be your finest? and why?

2. Is there an early concert/gig that stands out, in your mind, as a monumental achievement in your career?

3. Where did the decision to have (the wonderful) Holly McNarland sing on "Flight Recorder from Viking 7" arrise?

Would you ever collaborate with Holly again in the futur?

Cheers,

JK

Edited by Kitch_Man

how much do finances factor into your music, touring and merch? would a successful tour be strictly financially beneficial, or would it be possible to tour at a loss, but declare it a success due to charity exposure, overall media exposure and pleasing a greater portion of your fanbase? which is to say, at the end of the day is it really about money (not excess, just enough to survive)?

where did you get your glasses?

how many pairs of said glasses do you have?

are you aware of the ridiculously large ratio of fans with your glasses to fams without?

how big of a role do the glasses play in your songwriting?

if you were to lose your glasses, would you consider replacing them with invisible frames, or something?

hey, matt, as a fellow be-spectacled fan, would you say it's harder to maintain "street cred' with glasses? or is it possible to be "hardore" with them?

Though it is very hard to say what your influence may be on music, in the near future, since you have such a dedicated fanbase, it isn't inconceivable that you could have a significant impact on the musicalities of many young (or not so young) aspiring or up-and-coming artists. What advice would you pass on to these people, about music in general?

Also,

While you clearly receive an astonishing amount of negative attention and feedback from people, is the positive encouragement that you [hopefully, deservedly] get heartening, at all? I'm sure your fans would like to have helped at all, in any small way, if they had thought they could have (or still could).

Lastly,

How are you?

Along the same vein as the "how are you?" above--

How was the trip? Any recommendations of must-see cities/sites/buildings/etc? Was it a rejuvenating experience after all the illness and internet hassles? Were/how were your worldviews changed by travelling abroad and partaking in other countries/cultures on a separate continent? Did the experience/sights spawn any inspiration for new material? Etc.

Any special plans for Valentine's Day?

What was the make and year of your first vehicle?

Ever ridden a motorcycle? Want to buy one? Come to Calgary and i'll hook you up! (unless you want a harley, and in that case i pity you) haha jj

What book(s) are you currently reading?

I hope I made it by the deadline to submit questions to Matt. here goes..

In the hopes that you'll release new material and tour again, would you do an acoustic tour or better yet, perform with the Vancouver symphony for instrumental versions of your songs (a.k.a. the instrumental version of "Weapon") or sing with them as backup?

What do you remember most about your audiences from shows? minute details or overall experience?

what is your take on the current Canadian music scene? any particular Canadian artists that are on your playlist?

High Fidelity moment: top 10 list of songs that reflect your personality

is there some songs that you refuse to play live? what's one song of yours that you enjoy playing (in concert or in the privacy of your home)?

how are you feeling at this point of your life? I'm curious 'cause in the past you've mentioned stress and issues that have caused you panic attacks, etc. what do you do to unwind?

what is your most recent concert you've attended? what show(s) are you looking forward to?

have you known another artist or band that has covered one of your songs?

career-wise, you have aspired to be a history at one point, do you have any other things you're pursuing right now apart from music?

what song is most personal to you?

there have been negative feelings towards music critics but what do you believe a music journalist needs to do in order to critic/discuss music without taking away an artist's hard work and musical significance.

I can't speak on behalf of everyone but I do apreciate the time and effort you take to acknowledge your fans and interact with them on some personal level. I hope at some point, you'll be able to maintain another forum/blog where you can share your ideas and thoughts without compromise or confrontation.

*Emily*

A simple one, "What does the future hold for you Matt? Retirement, more music? Disapearing into some forest in the middle of nowhere with jenn and raising a colony of monkey butlers?"

from someone on LJ: I'm a U.S. citizen & I just got married to a Canadian citizen, we have the choice of either making our home in the U.S. or Canada. What would you choose? We got hitched at the courthouse but would you play at our real wedding someday? ;)

Do you have a bunch of lyrics in your head just waiting to be made into songs?

The Grammy's just aired, do you watch the music awards shows?

Okay, I'm starting the edit now. If you're question didn't make it, sorry. You might get another chance to ask.