Dan #3

Who Else Hates The Hip

Do you hate The Tragically Hip  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate The Tragically Hip

• Yes
    • No
    • Meh

Well then, let's just wrap everything up into a gigantic cliched stereotype! Yeah, then, instead of having individual identities, let's just all wear hockey jerseys covered in beer stains! That'd be awesome, that way our national identity would not be one of individualism, were people are able to express themselves without being considered traitors. You like the Hip, fine. I don't, so, I guess that means I'm not Canadian, even if I've only been outside of the country for about 3 days total in my entire life.

Did you notice how I didn't really attack you, but you attacked me for "not being Canadian"?

If this is your Canada, then fuck your Canada.

[/end rant]

Dan I think you have some rage issues to work out.

Anyway, the Hip were great until they started releasing the same album over and over again. I sorta lost interest after Phatom Power. But if you go back and listen to Fully Completely, you'll get them at their peek. That's a very solid album and I think it's their best, no matter what they do now.

Well then, let's just wrap everything up into a gigantic cliched stereotype! Yeah, then, instead of having individual identities, let's just all wear hockey jerseys covered in beer stains! That'd be awesome, that way our national identity would not be one of individualism, were people are able to express themselves without being considered traitors. You like the Hip, fine. I don't, so, I guess that means I'm not Canadian, even if I've only been outside of the country for about 3 days total in my entire life.

Did you notice how I didn't really attack you, but you attacked me for "not being Canadian"?

If this is your Canada, then fuck your Canada.

[/end rant]

you are one bitter motherfucker. you don't like the hip. gotcha. move along.

First post I know... but the Hip are awesome. I've seen them live like 16 times, I've met them at a few of their shows, and not only do they put on the BEST rock show EVER (not a measly hour and ten minutes with one encore), they're some of the nicest most modest guys you'll ever meet.

So in conclusion, the hip fucking rock. ;)

I've only seem the Hip once on the Phantom Power tour and it was pretty good, but I got a little drunk and I don't really remember it that well. Although I remember it wasn't a great show, but that could've just been me.

I also went to school with a guy that's from the Hip's hometown. He said that when they played a show there earlier in their career, he saw Gordon Downy masturabting in a stairwell. Sounds weird but he's not really the type of guy to lie about something like that.

"Locked In The Trunk of A Car" is my fav!

First of all, this thread has had way too many spelling mistakes.

Sorry. Okay. So the Hip are not everyone's favourite, and it's understandable, especially in Canada where they are played on the radio every 10 minutes, but you cannot deny that they are a good band. And a great live band. Gord Downie's solo albums are also worth checking out, as they will make albums like Music@Work a little easier to swallow, and are also full of really cool music.