Ozzwald

Opener

What song do you like or would you like to see Matt open with at a show?

For me I think EVERYTHING IS AUTOMATIC would be a kick-ass opener. But I have never seen him live, so I'd be happy hearing him cough up a loogie for an opener!!!LOL!!! At least I would be at a show!!! Hahahaaaa.

At Hamilton for WLRRR he opened with Blue Skies.... he did that a couple times at least on that tour... that was odd... but it played out good.

I would love to see him open with 21st Century Living with some really though provoking, powerful dialogue that gets the crowd going... then he could ring in with that chorus..... that's madness, gotta love it.

heh.

Enjoy the silence.

When i saw him in october, he opened with apparitions, acoustic. The entire room was dark, so no one saw him take the stage, and he surprised everyone when he started playing.

Yeah, I was at the Toronto show when he opened with Apparitions. I don't know how much better it could have gotten for an opener. A really haunting feeling for sure, it was my first time ever seeing him live.

But yeah, Man Of Action would be amazing.

When last I saw him and he opened with Poor Man's Grey, which is funny becasue i was sure he was going to open with Put out your lights, which would rock too. I was pretty psyched though, just the same.

he never played put out your lights in ottawa, i was also assuming he would open with it since it is the name of the tour.

Edited by middle class gangster

When i saw him in october, he opened with apparitions, acoustic. The entire room was dark, so no one saw him take the stage, and he surprised everyone when he started playing.

i bet that was so awesome

i was gonna say giant, until i read that and thought about it and how it must have just kicked so much ass, so.. yeah

;)

I've seen him open with Pledge of Allegiance. Which was wicked. Near Fantastica was a good start too.

But if this is a hypothetical "pick any song" sort of question ,which it seems to be, I'd have to choose "Born to Kill"

Especially if it had a big giant closing part...everyone in the audience would be all jaw-dropped and would say, "That was incredible...how can they play anything else?"

I've heard Carmelina. And Advertising on Police Cars. And I think I heard Tripoli once.

And he doesn't like the album because they were all fighting on it and it's not what he wanted to make. He thinks it feels more like BM2. Or something like that.

Somebody told me once that Matt never plays anything off of Audio of Being live because he doesn't like that album. True enough, he didn't play anything off it any of the three times I've seen him. Can anybody confirm this? And if so, why does he not like it?

He played at least a couple songs off AoB when i saw him in October. I can't remember what they all were, but the one that really stands out in my memory is 'The Rat Who Would be King'. That was amazing.