I think I have some news of interest for you AOE fans. It sounds like we may soon be able to have the long lost Latest Plague and Electric albums remastered along with some other goodies. This was posted on Ryan Dahle's website:

The First couple of AOE releases will also be coming down the pipeline as well in the new year, I will reconstruct those and master the first one that was only released on cassette so everyone can listen to 'Aphrodisiac Smile' 'til the cows come home! There is also at least four unreleased songs from 'Make a Pest a Pet' that will also be put out there, that are surprisingly good, they were left off the record because they seemed unfinished back then, but in retrospect were a bit rougher around the edges, more punk rock, angrier songs.... Well, there you have it, that's the real news in AOE-land. Now Chart can update with some facts.

Age of Electric still around? I'm an extra in their video for Ugly. They filmed it at a crappy little club in Winnipeg, (The Bank, I think it was called) and I happened to be there that night. I was chatting with the bass player, who was wearing a tolkien t-shirt with hobbit runes on it, which I translated for him ('cuz I'm a total geek). Anyway, I'm in the crowd right near the band during the frantic club scenes at the end, wearing a red Twin Peaks t-shirt (yes, it was way back in that era).

Good thing I really liked that song, 'cuz we ended up hearing it over and over for almost 2 hours while I was there. ;)

Fun times...

It's kinda tough to spot me, 'cuz the resolution of the video ain't so great, but because I remember exactly where I was, I can spot myself. On the extreme left edge of the screen, in the same "plane" of people as the band (the second person out from the bass player) in the red shirt with my arms in the air for most of it. Somewhere I have this on VHS, and the video quality was good enough to positively ID me. ;)

Edited by umdesch4

back in 1989 - 1990 Age of Electric used to be ELECTRIC and toured all the shittiest shithole bars across canada - we used to go see them at the Windosr in Red Deer AB and California Dreaming in New West BC...Ryan looked soooooooo cute with massive long ginger hair....they did Metallica covers and such hahaha SO AWESOME back then.

CKdKFu1UAAAaYT7.jpg

Cool!  I may have check this out. They are playing at the same venue (The Back Alley) where I've seen Todd Kerns perform solo two times. He must like that smaller, intimate venue.

That is cool he is coming from the big leagues, playing with Slash, and going back to his roots. He seems like an all around nice guy. I remember when I used to frequent his message board. He always made time for the fans, much like Matt. I think he even invited a fan/fans to his wedding.

I didn't know Ryan Dahle was a member of the band.

I wouldn't mind checking out Calgary band Zuckerbaby as well. I think I saw them once before.

But you didn't know Ryan was part of AOE?  For shame.  :P

What can I say? I'm a little bit behind the times.  :P

Tickets bought!

I sure like Ryan Dahle's singing skills in Matt Good and Ryan's side project "Agoraphobe" and Limblifter's "Ariel vs Lotus." I hope Ryan does some singing. I've never seen him perform live before.

Edited by girl

This concert was AWESOME! If anyone wants to hear it, let me know. I can upload it to the Lounge, if you want.

They even played, as Todd put it, "shitty covers" of some Canadian rock bands. The sample covers were surprisingly very good. At the very end, the whole crowd sang "O Canada". It was a true Canadian rock experience.

The band was having a great time on stage, and they were laughing and smiling like crazy. It was a lot of fun. They sure know how to entertain a crowd.

Edited by girl

This concert was AWESOME! If anyone wants to hear it, let me know. I can upload it to the Lounge, if you want.

They even played, as Todd put it, "shitty covers" of some Canadian rock bands. The sample covers were surprisingly very good. At the very end, the whole crowd sang "O Canada". It was a true Canadian rock experience.

The band was having a great time on stage, and they were laughing and smiling like crazy. It was a lot of fun. They sure know how to entertain a crowd.

I would have loved to have checked this out. Unfortunately I was attending a wedding that day. If you want to upload it I'd definitely download it. 

On 2/22/2005 at 7:19 PM, thefutureisxrated said:

My favorite song is "I Don't Mind." It's a fuckin great song...

My favourite track also.

I was at the Plaza of Nations when they filmed the video for that track.. I even spotted myself, immortalized in the video, briefly crowd surfing before getting dumped headfirst to the floor. 

Good times!