The Worker Sang

Batman Begins

I have my fingers crossed. I'm not sure if I dig Christian Bale as Batman, but here's to hoping.

Anyone else excited about the new Superman too? Kevins Spacey could make a great Lex Luthor.

Joe

They could cast a fucking monkey and it would be better than clooney's rendition. That and a monkey batman would probably be more coherent than the two schumacher travestys. I have high hopes for this one... they've got the look right I just hope they have the story...

I say that Clooney was a passable Batman in the worst of all possible Batman movies. I thought he was as good or better than Val Kilmer, but I absolutely hate both of those movies anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

At any rate, the new one looks fucking rad. Christian Bale will be fine, he just has to be better than the last two Bats and he will come out of this fine. I can't wait to see the Scarecrow not be a joke villian.

Kilmer at least has a little bit of gravitas going for him. And he kind of got the depressed and slightly reserved air that Bruce Wayne should have. Clooney just played himself, little "i'm such hot shit" smirk the entire time and all... Keaton was the best, but hopefully Bale can step up to the plate.

a monkey batman could kick anybody's ass. it wouldn't even be a contest. the joker? next. the penguin? next. catwoman? next. superman? wolverine? godzilla? jesus? NEXT!

Edited by saturnine

The trick to casting the right Batman is casting the right Bruce Wayne. Keaton pulled it off. Clooney and Kilmer couldn't even pull off Batman in the suit.

Christian Bale is a fantastic actor, and teaming up with Christopher Nolan makes me think this movie could rock the asses of all of us.

They should make a movie where Adam West gets in the old Batsuit and drives around in the Batmobile going to bars and high school sporting events and just talks to people and tells stories. It could have a batdance climax a la Napeoleon Dynamite...

I should mention that he would not be Batman, but Adam West as Batman. see the beauty?

Edited by CaptainRocket

George Clooney was the worst batman hands down.

Christian Bale is more Batman than either Kilmer or Clooney

He's not overly hollywood, and he's definately alot more of a dark presence than either of them. I think the brilliant part about Michael Keaton that he had a little bit of darkness to him.

Unfortunately, all i think of now when I see Val Kilmer is his performance in "the Doors" which was actually pretty good. but whatever.

They should make a movie where Adam West gets in the old Batsuit and drives around in the Batmobile going to bars and high school sporting events and just talks to people and tells stories. It could have a batdance climax a la Napeoleon Dynamite...

I should mention that he would not be Batman, but Adam West as Batman. see the beauty?

i dig that idea. it could definitely work since he already played a senile (or just plain crazy) mayor in family guy.

hahaha all $50 of it. sweet. if we throw in some french, we could throw in some german too, just to be really artsy and fucked up. maybe a scene or two with strange flashing lights. and to save money, the soundtrack will consist of either matthew good songs slowed down to half speed, or spoken word things by adam west himself.